Mackenzie Allison is here! *update and photo*

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2013, 06:24 PM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
First off, sorry for making a new thread but I'm using my phone... So I was a little confused on editing a title and post.

But she was born at 5:08am July 31st. I can't remember when I started the pitocin... I think around 11pm on the 30th. I only asked for iv medication which I thought would be just fine... I was so wrong! The pain was so immense. Not that I thought labor was easy but this went beyond comprehension. Well, after suffering enough and finally being double over in pain from the hard, frequent contractions I asked for an epidural. Unfortunately, when the nurse checked me I was just about a 9... So, it was too late. I gave birth with nothing. It was so painful and when I was finally able to start pushing I was getting so exhausted. I felt so beat down. I didn't think I could do it. I felt so frustrated pushing so hard and having pain to go through every minute and not having her here... But she came! And my ob said she actually progressed and came out (when I started pushing) a lot faster than a lot of FTMs. He said he usually saw them take sometimes up to 45 minutes, and my baby girl I pushed for 20-25. She cried on her own right away, and she got a 9 out of 9 apgar. Her pediatrician said she looked good this morning. She's been really sweet and good, too. She hardly ever cries at all. That's just some of how everything is!

Here's a pic of her, her daddy and I. I took a lot more pictures but its hard to upload them via a phone, lol.

July 31st, 2013, 06:27 PM
Jhendrickson's Avatar Veteran
Congrats!!! She's beautiful.
July 31st, 2013, 06:44 PM
mrsmckenzie1's Avatar Veteran
Congrats! Glad all went well

July 31st, 2013, 07:53 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
Congrats!!!!!

July 31st, 2013, 07:57 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!!!

July 31st, 2013, 07:59 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW she is GORGEOUS! congrats mama! You are stronger than you knew!
July 31st, 2013, 09:30 PM
Super Mommy
How exciting!!! Thank you for the update we have all been thinking of you. Picton is not nice that's for sure. You next one will be easy after this.

Take care of your self and you sweet new baby. Get lots of rest.
July 31st, 2013, 09:34 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! HOW SWEET

July 31st, 2013, 10:02 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats

July 31st, 2013, 10:27 PM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
Thanks everyone! we appreciate the kind words!
July 31st, 2013, 11:06 PM
Veteran
Congratulations! She is beautiful
August 1st, 2013, 01:28 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I will upload my story when I'm home tomorrow but its sooo funny how we have a tonin common. My water broke the 30th (my birthday).. Ended up tuck at 6cm so got pitocin. Had my baby the same morning! Ended up with third degree tearing because he was forehead First and 9lbs 10oz.. I feel for you with no epidural! I was going to go natural but caved with pitocin at 6.. It was a long labor so without would have been horrible. I also only pushed for 15 min and he came. Happy birthday to your daughter!

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
August 1st, 2013, 02:39 AM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamarie247 View Post
Congrats! I will upload my story when I'm home tomorrow but its sooo funny how we have a tonin common. My water broke the 30th (my birthday).. Ended up tuck at 6cm so got pitocin. Had my baby the same morning! Ended up with third degree tearing because he was forehead First and 9lbs 10oz.. I feel for you with no epidural! I was going to go natural but caved with pitocin at 6.. It was a long labor so without would have been horrible. I also only pushed for 15 min and he came. Happy birthday to your daughter!
Happy birthday to your son! I didn't even know you had him! Thought I just missed the post. That is weird we have a lot in common! Lol. They have the same birthdays now. What time was your son born? How long was he? You feel for me with no epidural but I feel for you for him being a little over double in weight of what my baby was! Though maybe with the epidural you felt nothing but I could barely push my daughter out. I kept telling the nurses and doctor that I had to give up. Did the epidural help alot?? Did it make you not feel any pain at all?? How long was your labor? How do you feel now??
August 1st, 2013, 04:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay!! New babies are precious! Congratulations!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

August 1st, 2013, 04:32 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
Aww Congrats!!!

August 1st, 2013, 04:36 AM
MissCiara's Avatar 8/28/13
Congrats!!!
August 1st, 2013, 04:52 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Awww, congratulations! I am so happy for you! Your daughter is beautiful!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

August 1st, 2013, 06:00 AM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
Thanks everyone! Ya I love her so much. I can't even stand when she has to go to the nursery for vitals. I even think she's too far away when she's up higher than our bed in the hospital bassinet thing... That's why I have been having her sleep with us.
August 1st, 2013, 06:01 AM
Mommy of 3
Congratulations!!

August 1st, 2013, 06:09 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sara831 View Post
Happy birthday to your son! I didn't even know you had him! Thought I just missed the post. That is weird we have a lot in common! Lol. They have the same birthdays now. What time was your son born? How long was he? You feel for me with no epidural but I feel for you for him being a little over double in weight of what my baby was! Though maybe with the epidural you felt nothing but I could barely push my daughter out. I kept telling the nurses and doctor that I had to give up. Did the epidural help alot?? Did it make you not feel any pain at all?? How long was your labor? How do you feel now??
I only posted on Facebook so far as its harder to post from phone or iPad here. He was born at 3:05 and 20" long. The epidural wore off at the end so I flt it but I had been contracting for a couple dys and not sleeping so needed it to get me through those hours. I definitely was glad I could feel to push so I cold get him out so quick. I don't know how long labor was... Depends on when you'd strt counting,, the third degree tear is the worst! I don't know how many stitches I have there. I'm sooo scared for my first bowel movement! I'm still kinda glad I got stitched there instead of through my uterus because it makes any future pregnancy more complicated. Anyway.. Don't want o steal your thread.. But our babies were born loo close to each other!

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search