BTDT mom's: What differences have there been between your pregnancies?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2013, 09:09 AM
Veteran
I was wondering while trying to get pregnant, what differences did you see during your pregnancies and labours? I haven't given birth yet, but I'm really hoping labour goes differently than my last one. but I have noticed differences in pregnancies and thought I'd ask others what has been different.

1. Pregnancy #1, my feet were so very sore. I'd come down nightly with a bottle of lotion and make hubby rub them while we watched TV. This one, hardly notice any soreness. I can walk with out limping.

2. Linea Nigra. It was very prominent and lasted almost a year last time. This time, I have to look for it to find it. (But I still have up to a month to go, so that could change)

3. No GD this time

4. Personality wise, not such a raving miserable person. I'm chalking this one up to being a little more experienced in knowing what to expect.

What about others?
August 2nd, 2013, 09:23 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
mine have all been remarkably similar except for different cravings. this one i carried much smaller but otherwise pretty much the same

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

August 2nd, 2013, 09:50 AM
321abc
I threw up for all of the firs and most of the second trimester my first pregnancy and not near as sick this time. Pretty dark linea negra last time, not one now. Tons of energy last pregnancy, worn out this time. Low lying, anterior placenta this time. Normal, posterior placenta last time. Several UTI's this time, none last time. Faster progression this time. I didn't dialate at all until 38 weeks and only to a 1. This time at 35 weeks I was almost a 1 and 10% effaced
Maybe it's the difference between boys and girls.. Who knows
August 2nd, 2013, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've had 5 pregnancies but I'll use my 3 term pregnancies.

#1 Boy, #2 Girl, #3 Boy

#1 - threw up all 9 months, multiple times a day, including delivery day.
#2 - one day of nausea
#3 - handful of nauseous days

#1 - No weight gained, weighed the same pretty much the entire pregnancy
#2 - 15 lbs total gain
#3 - up 10 lbs so far

#1 - 4 days early after stripping membranes
#2 - 1 week early (induced)
#3 - still cooking but breech

#1 - EXHAUSTED the whole nine months
#2 - very little tiredness
#3 - very tired days (exhausted the last few days)

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

August 2nd, 2013, 01:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My pregnancies were more similar than they were different, but the biggest differences were weight gain (about 10lbs less each time) and my emotions were just all over the place with #3

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
August 2nd, 2013, 03:14 PM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My two have been so different. I loved being pregnant with Nate. No pains, no contractions, no GD. I felt good when pregnant with him.

This time around, not so much. I have pains, my back hurts, heartburn all the time. I can't wait for it to be over with.
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

August 2nd, 2013, 05:53 PM
Regular
My pregnancy with Rowan wasn't too bad other than very nauseated for the first 3 months. I worked full time right until the end and wasn't that exhausted. This pregnancy has been much worse, way more aches and pains, nauseated for four months, exhausted, never have any energy but that may be because I have a toddler to care for now. Oh and I worked part time this time and could barely make it to my last day.. I thought I was going to die. Also I was positive for GBS last time and negative this time.
August 2nd, 2013, 08:24 PM
carolinashore's Avatar Veteran
My first two pregnancies my feet/ankles swelled really bad. I was worried, with this being a summer baby (my first two were fall/winter) that it would be even worse, but I haven't had any swelling at all. Other than that, they've been pretty similar.

August 2nd, 2013, 09:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My first pregnancy was a breeze compared to this one. I was nauseous for may be a week with my first. This time, I got sick at week five and was on home health care for 7 weeks, including a reglan pump and iv fluids constantly. I got very weak and was hospitalized.

Also much more tired and very bytchy this time. Swelling in my feet and ankles is worse and the amount of burst capillaries is crazy!

August 3rd, 2013, 01:46 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My two pregnancies were very different!

#1 (a boy) was very easy! No morning sickness at all except for maybe one incident of vomiting. Sciatic pain. Low blood pressure at times. Cravings.

Labor and birth with him was good- labor was quick. Pushing lasted about 5 minutes and he was out in a few pushes. Tearing but I healed pretty quickly.

#2 (a girl) has NOT been fun! No morning sickness technically but lots of nausea in the beginning. Constantly exhausted- I'm talking pass out in the middle of the day tired. Bad hip and pelvis pain. Bad headaches. Horrible heartburn. Depression in the first and second trimesters. Restless leg syndrome. Passing out. Just overall feeling like crud most of the time.

Haven't had her yet but hoping her birth is as easy as her brothers!

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

August 3rd, 2013, 06:45 AM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
1. No morning sickness.

2. Morning sickness from like 5-25 weeks. Tired constantly. Gallbladder attacks. Pelvic pain pretty bad at the end.

3. No morning sickness. Gained weight fast but lost the baby at 13 weeks.

4. No morning sickness, a little tired but not too bad. Gallbladder attacks and shortly after she was born, learned that it was gallstones. Really, really bad pelvic pain toward the end.

5. No morning sickness and gained weight fast starting mid-pregnancy. Pregnancy pretty decent until recently where all I want to do is sleep and it hurts my thighs to lay down at night but not much pelvic pain.

August 3rd, 2013, 07:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
#1 gained 53lbs
# 2 gained 28lbs
#1 i was larger
# 2 i carry smaller
#1 craved salts
#2 craved sweets

August 3rd, 2013, 07:28 AM
Super Mommy
All three have been pretty much the same. My first was easiest at the end - still had lots of energy. Second I started getting pretty tired in final weeks. This time I am somewhere in between. Overall, I have had really easy pregnancies. No nausea, fatigue is manageable. My main issue is usually just impatience!!!
August 3rd, 2013, 09:15 PM
Veteran
1. 40lbs. I looked super heavy, face changed so much. Felt nauseous for the first couple week. Labor 36hrs. born 40.4wk 7lbs3oz Exhausted for a month afterwards
2. 40lbs. Only a handful of nauseous days. Bronchitis once. Labor 18hrs at 39.3 wks 9lbs1oz
3. 50lbs Felt nauseous in the evening for a couple weeks. Bronchitis-->pregnancy induced asthma. Couldn't sleep unless practically sitting upright. Dry cough 24/7. Starting seeing Dr on a weekly basis for something like breathing treatments/inhalers/Lung xray etc. This lasted the whole 3rd trimester. Labor 8hrs at 40.0wk 9lbs9oz
***Those were all boys and the heartburn and sciatic pain were horrendous from the midpoint on. Needed an episiotomy with all.

4. Girl. Felt super sick day and night for about 2.5 months. Gained 50lbs but tummy is much smaller. Heartburn isn't much of an issue. Sciatic pain waited to hit until about 7months. Overall feel pretty good,or maybe my little ones distract me too much from focusing on how I feel?

Food cravings were similar with all,as well as gaining a majority of weight by midpoint.

Lanae: Mommy to Ethan, Will, Alex and Surprise baby GIRL due August 15, 2013!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search