Sleep!

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How are the preggo mommies sleeping?
How about the mommies with newborns?

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
August 4th, 2013, 08:24 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I am not sleeping well. Getting in and out of bed is torture, and I wake up every 2-3 hours to pee. I'm massive, and was told at my ultrasound the other day that she is 9lbs, and she has shown no signs of coming out yet

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

August 4th, 2013, 08:24 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sleeping better than when I. Was pregnant! Yalia is up about every 3 hrs but since we are nursing and cosleeping, I'm not awake awake, so I'm not exhausted. *knock on wood*

August 4th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
with being pregnant i get good 7-8 hrs of sleep a night. i wake up 1-2 a nite to pee. i toss and turn like crazy all night, its hard to get in and out of bed, i get leg cramps.

August 4th, 2013, 09:37 PM
BabyT_heart_beat's Avatar Baby girl Londyn 8/13
Not Great. Feels Like I'm Up Every Hour Repositioning, Using The Bathroom, or Getting Water. I Can't Breathe At Night Either Because My Nose Is Stuffy Or It Feels Like I Can't Get A Good Breath. Very Annoying. I Have To Pull On The Mattress Or Dh Just To Roll Over. Sometimes I Just Want To Give Up Trying To Sleep...

****Thank you*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy****

August 4th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
Not sleeping so great at the moment... Up to pee a few times a night and usually I can't fall back asleep afterwards. Then the tossing and turning because sleeping on one side gets uncomfortable and I need to roll to the other... And my right hip hurts me so badly that when I'm rolling I literally have to hold my leg and push it over. The whole time cursing and saying ouch, might I add.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

August 4th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Sleeping okay for the most part. Whitney is still sleeping a TON, pretty much wakes to eat and then a few times a day she'll be awake for a bit, but mostly she just sleeps.

At night she almost always sleeps 10-2, 2-6, and then off and on the rest of the morning until noon-ish. My older kids mostly play on their own in the mornings so I tend to nap/doze on the couch until 9 or so... So most days I don't feel like I'm dragging, which is really nice!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

August 4th, 2013, 10:33 PM
I'm barely sleeping. I will sleep for a few hours at a time and then I'm up to pee or take tums and won't fall back asleep for another couple hours. I can never get comfortable but moving around And rolling over is almost impossible :/
August 4th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Super Mommy
I am getting a second wind every evening. Can't sleep til 12 ish. Then it's the same complaints uncomfortable, peeing, too hot. Every twinge I feel gets my mind working.... Yes sleeping with a new born will be easier.
August 5th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Kaisia's Avatar Veteran
Sleep is not going so well. Same things as everyone else--waking up too often to pee then not able to fall back asleep, getting kicked from within makes it hard to settle, stuffy nose, sore and uncomfortable, wake up with shoulder or hips hurting like crazy, hot and sweaty, hungry, etc. About every other night I end up getting up for a couple of hours just because I'm too frustrated to stay in bed not sleeping. And then I take a nap in the morning and spend the rest of the day groggy.

Complaining makes me feel better.
August 5th, 2013, 03:56 AM
Veteran
Still pregnant. Sleeping okay, but not great. I wake up at a minimum 2x a night to pee. Sometimes it's almost EVERY hour...those nights suck. But I'm usually able to get back to sleep fairly quickly. I think when DD comes it will be worse since I'll have to stay up for feedings and changings and not be able to try to sleep immediately after waking.
August 5th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sleeping is ok. I'm up between 3-10 x a night to pee no matter what time I cut off my fluids so I just gave up. I can't roll over in bed without waking my husband up to help (even though everyone tells me how small I am ?! really?!) my right hip feels like someone stabbing me and my lower back ALWAYS hurts.

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

August 5th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sleeping ok. Finley is up every 3 hours or so to nurse but that's not too bad. Cole has decided to wake up at like 4am every morning wanting to be up for the day, so that has been a struggle. Once he stops that ridiculousness the sleep situation will be a lot better

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
August 5th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Mommy of 3
We're sleeping well luckily. I go to bed around 9:30 and hubby stays up to give Rory his last bottle at 10 and put him to bed. Then I'm up with him around 2 and 6. He usually goes straight back asleep after he feeds. The older two are up then around 7:30 or 8 so I'm up then with them.

August 5th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
38 weeks preggo here and sleep is all but a lost cause. Like the other ladies, I'm up about every 1-2 hours to pee, having trouble falling back to sleep after because that always wakes BellyBaby up so she has to have a little party, I can't get comfortable and sometimes my hips hurt so much that I have to just get up for 30-60 minutes to stretch/sit on the ball/rock in the recliner etc before I can lay down again. I usually go to bed around 9 and get up between 6 and 7 but I'm lucky to actually sleep 4-5 hours total in that time. I ALWAYS sleep better after baby is out.

Mom to four beautiful girls

Matilda (6), Evelyn (4), Adelaide (2), Cecily (11 months)

August 5th, 2013, 01:14 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Only sleep for the most 2 hours at a time. When I get up after sleeping for two hours, I feel like my bladder will explode. I don't think there's much room in there! I sleep with the a/c and/or fan on every night which helps with the heat. I still wake up sometimes and strip down to nothing. DH is freezing cold and looks like an eskimo all bundled up. Boy, have we switched roles. The past week, I've been really tired and taking two short naps during the day too.

August 8th, 2013, 02:42 AM
At one day overdue, sleep is the impossible dream! Ahhh, sweet, beautiful sleep...how I miss you! Some year soon, you and I shall be reunited!
Since I'm on maternity leave now, I've given up trying to sleep when I get up more than twice in the night...I can always take a nap during the day if I want...I just get mighty bored and lonely at night...It's 20 to 5 right now, and I've been up since 2:30. Tried to wake the boyfriend for a little "cervical stimulation," but he wasn't into that. Jerk, haha, I'm so jealous of his ability to sleep through all my agony! I'll get my revenge in dirty diapers, though I worry I'll end up cleaning not only the baby poo but the boyfriend puke!
Come on, Little One!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search