Appt this morning (near 39 weeks) and membrane stripping qu

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Still 1 measley cm! Slightly more effaced, her head is still low and all vitals looked good. Her movements have greatly slowed down. Last night she scared the life out of me because I couldn't get her to move. Finally she did and it was such relief.

My OB stripped my membranes this morning (that hurt like a son a turkey!) and I'm having cramping like I have been for the past few days. I also asked on the evening primrose oil and she said to go for it, so I started taking it this morning.

Did membrane stripping actually work for anyone who has ever had it done before? What period of time was there from the sweep to going into labor?

August 5th, 2013, 09:47 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't remember if I had it done with my other children and it didn't work, but dd#2 I was 4 days past due and I had my membranes stripped and within 24 hours she came on her own.

August 5th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had mine done 5 days before due date with my son. He was born the next afternoon so approx 30 hours later.

Fingers crossed you are holding your little one soon!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

August 5th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Mommy of 3
Good luck,hope the sweep starts something!!

August 5th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
I've only tried the sweep with DD1. It didn't work and hurt like crazy for me, so I probably won't bother, but if you're close, maybe it will work for you! Hope so!

Mom to four beautiful girls

August 5th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh sh*t! So nothing happened after the appointment, not even any spotting. Now I am bleeding and having tons of bloody show stuff and a lot of cramping. Is this the start of something? I wonder did the membrane stripping actually work?

August 5th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
That sounds like something to me! I'd call it in, especially if you're having any significant bleeding. If it's just bloody show, it's still the start of something! Good luck, sounds like it's about time!

Mom to four beautiful girls

August 5th, 2013, 02:52 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Hope its it for you.

I had it done with my dd, #9, it worked by that evening......of course I was exactly 42 weeks when they did it.
#12 is on the way
August 5th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Veteran
Hope it worked for you! I had mine done this afternoon at 4. It's 6 now and not a thing . . . I too am almost 39 weeks. And it did hurt! Can't wait to hear what happens for you!
August 5th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Regular
Are you losing your plug? Sometimes the mucous plug has blood in it and can be brown, pink or creamy colored. I had mine stripped at 38 and 39 weeks and still nothing. I've been losing bits of plug for over a week and have been dilated to 5 since Friday. My body is seriously pissing me off. If I don't go into labor tonight or tomorrow then I'm going in Wednesday to have my water broken.
August 5th, 2013, 04:57 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had mine stripped last Monday and had a lot of bloody show, mucus, etc for about a day or so but nothing else happened. I have heard that if it is going to work, it works within 48 hours! Good luck!!!!!!!!

August 5th, 2013, 05:03 PM
round2t's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope it works for you! I had mine stripped on Friday and here I am fat and pregnant Monday evening

It did cause me to lose my mucus plug though.... multiple times unless I'm crazy, I feel like I keep losing it

August 5th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Super Mommy
Never had it done with my 3. Good luck!
August 5th, 2013, 05:21 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If your bleeding a lot, I would call your dr. That doesn't sound right.

August 5th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Super Mommy
With dd I had it done 2 days before edd. I had been having regular non-painful contractions for 2 days. They did it - and I remember bleeding quite a bit, needing to wear a pad, but within 2 hours I was having painful contractions and by the time I was admitted I was almost 7cm! (I was 4 going in) we also walked the whole 2 hours

August 5th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Still having bloody show and the cramping is intense and causing back pain. We just got back from walking around Walmart. It's still near 100F outside so can't walk far outside.

Although I'm having contractions, they still feel like Braxton hicks. They don't seem to hurt enough to be real if that makes sense.

August 6th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Veteran
Nothing happening here. I did get a pretty good nights sleep though!
August 6th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Bugger all happening here either Just lots of bloody show and cramps still. Doesn't look like it worked.

August 8th, 2013, 02:53 AM
I had mine stripped on the same day you did...and nothing! I've been stuck at a "maybe" 1cm since they started doing the cervical checks 4 weeks ago. I'm SO frustrated! I'm ready! She's ready! Let's do this!
I'm about sick of bouncing on the darn ball; I'm walking laps around my house; trying to be "available" for the boyfriend (a hard feat!); eating pineapple...AHHHH!
I hope your little one is more willing to make an appearance than my little girl!
Her activity level has really slowed down as well, but she's definitely still in there. She's a sleeper...it took forever to wake her up at my ultrasound yesterday morning!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search