Pregnant Mommas!!!

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2013, 06:37 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've had lots of babies born but there are still some pregnant mommas left (including me). So what's going on with you? How are you feeling? What's your biggest complaint right now? When is your next appointment? Any end in sight?

I'm feeling ok. Very tired of the prodromal labor. Either stop or get the show on the road. Being in. 5.5-6 cm and not in labor is frustrating, but oh well. No end in sight here.

August 6th, 2013, 07:32 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I'm still very pregnant. I feel fine, a little sore to get around, some sciatica, not sleeping great, but hey, what do you expect at this point?

I see the mw on Friday, no end in sight, just a waiting game now.
#12 is on the way
August 6th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Super Mommy
I am so eager to meet my baby. The days seem to be crawling by!! I feel big. Fat actually. Gettin up or down is such a bother. I have my 38 w appointment tomorrow. It seems that most evenings i go to bed with strong regular Braxton. Hicks. Yet I wake in the morning still pregnant and disappointed. Last night I took my dh and two fur babies for a brisk hour long walk. I was having tons of pressure and good BH and could get comfortable in bed..... Ya nothing. Sorry to whine. Lol.
August 6th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Still pregnant but have another week until my due date. Feeling tired... And tired of being pregnant. I'm not sleeping well because of how badly my hip is hurting. Plus the crotch lightning, Braxton hicks, Etc

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

August 6th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
I'm also still pregnant, due date is another 2 weeks away. Despite having the preterm labor scare in June, she does not seem too eager to vacate now. I'm not having many contractions, but I am having a lot of hip pain, difficulty walking and trouble sleeping. Pretty normal for this stage of pregnancy. Trying to maintain a positive, or at least zen attitude about waiting for her to pick her own date, but definitely eager to meet her and start feeling better. From the beginning, I had picked 8/5 as the day I thought I'd deliver, so that was a little disappointing, but what can you do? I'm just reminding myself to be grateful that she's safe, happy and growing and that we don't HAVE to kick her out early like we did with DD2 and DD3.

August 6th, 2013, 08:44 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Having recently developed a painful hemorrhoid, I am pretty grouchy. I want to get out and do things, but I don't because I know I'll be uncomfortable. I know walking would be good, but I don't think it's worth it at this point, so I usually just use what little energy I have on housework. I have a large house with ALL carpet. Two cats and a dog later and I am always vaccumning!

I have an appt. this week with a different dr. since mine is out of town. Next week, my dr. will be back and she will strip my membranes. Not looking forward to that pain, but wanting this to be over.

August 6th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Veteran
I'm 38 weeks but am fully assuming I'm going way after my due date. I have a lot of hip pain and such, but absolutely NO signs of labour except the baby certainly is dropping. I'm miserable but am not in a hurry for baby to come becasue I want to get to my due date so I can take some vacation from work before baby comes. (I actually took 2 weeks after my due date for vacation, that is how confident I am that I'm going late).

but man, I do miss good quality sleeps and actually doing things without tiring 10 min into it all.
August 6th, 2013, 09:44 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pregnant here too. I have developed insomnia the last two nights so I am super exhausted!!

I also feel like crap (dizzy, nauseated) but the doctor thinks I caught a virus, as BP was fine.

I really want the time to go faster. 17 days to go!
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
August 6th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Super Mommy
39 weeks, doing ok. We are in the process of closing on one house while trying to sell ours, so things have been super hectic. I have definitely overdone it a few days, and then I am pretty useless in the evenings. Otherwise, can't complain too much. Just ready to meet this little guy and getting more excited as each day passes! Having random contractions but zero other signs of progress - midwives haven't checked me so no idea where things stand. I was overdue with both of my other two, so am not expecting anything until after my DD.
August 6th, 2013, 10:09 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
Still pregnant here as well. Im currently 37 weeks and 2 days. C section is schedule for Aug 20th. So I only have 14 days to go. Horrible rib pain and back pain. My poor hips and pelvis.. but all in all doing ok. Im just ready to meet my lil guy!

August 6th, 2013, 11:45 AM
MissCiara's Avatar 8/28/13
37 weeks today and this is my first pregnancy. I have had not one indication that labor is near so I am just taking it day by day. I sleep well, it is just annoying to get up every two hours to pee but other than that I have no complaints. Oh yeah, baby has dropped. I go to the doctor every Monday until' I deliver. That is all! :-)

Last edited by MissCiara; August 6th, 2013 at 11:47 AM.
August 6th, 2013, 06:01 PM
BabyT_heart_beat's Avatar Baby girl Londyn 8/13
I'm Feeling Ok For The Most Part. Biggest Complaint Is Not Sleeping Well At Night. Still Working And My Last Day Is Friday! Woo. Next Appt Next Friday. Just Patiently Waiting For My Baby Girl....

****Thank you*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy****

August 6th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
38 weeks & 1 day today, I am scheduled to have a c-section on Aug 16th which i'll be 39 weeks & 4 days. they will do a ultrasound before my c-section. i'm hoping she turns head down, she's breech right now. so i don't have to have a c-section& i'm going home b/c i want to go into labor naturally. i lost 2lbs which is great, i've been walking and eating as healthy. I am having joint pain b/c of my EDS, but other than that i'm ok, a lil aniexty & heart palpations occasionally. just hanging in there. 10 more days.

August 6th, 2013, 07:21 PM
carolinashore's Avatar Veteran
Still pregnant! My c/s date has been moved up to this Friday thanks to an ultrasound last week that changed my due date again. My biggest complaint is that my clothes aren't fitting right. It's driving me nuts!
lexiandolive likes this.

August 6th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Veteran
Still pregnant here too. 38 weeks and 1 day (but who's counting? lol). I'm doing pretty good, although I have to admit I feel uncomfortable more and more every day. My hips and back mostly and I feel like I haven't had a good nights rest in awhile. I'm so excited to meet our baby boy that the days are just dragging at this point. Next appointment is this Thursday. They haven't done any cervical checks yet but I'm going to ask if they will so I know if I'm making any progress. I was having tons of painful braxton hicks contractions from about 24-32 weeks and now it feels like they've just stopped. Still get pressure but I'm not sure my body is actually making change at this point.
August 7th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So what's going on with you? I'm exhausted!
How are you feeling? see above lol!
What's your biggest complaint right now? Aching back, I've developed what I think is a cyst forming on my lower back (appt for that today) can't sleep well

When is your next appointment? Today for cyst, next Tuesday for 37 1/2 week appt
Any end in sight? Induction hopefully set for Aug 23

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

August 8th, 2013, 02:13 AM
I was due yesterday...and as of my 40 week appointment two days ago, there is no end in sight. Only dilated to a 1, no thinning, no anything! VERY frustrating.
I think my doctor is looking for any reason to start induction as he leaves for vacation on Saturday, and I'm not exactly freaking thrilled about that.
Tuesday, we had an ultrasound to check positioning and placental health followed by a non-stress test. There were the normal placental calcifications (called a grade 3 placenta), so I was scheduled for a biophysical the next day to see if the placenta would continue to support her and check her breathing reflexes and big/small body movements. Then another non-stress test. So far, every test has been an A+!
Knowing she is SO healthy gives me great peace of mind and has helped me settle into accepting the unknown, that this isn't going to happen anytime soon.
We go back for another cervical check in a few hours (AGH INSOMNIA!), so I'm hoping the walking, bouncing, sex, pineapple, and spicy food has done something, but I won't even get my hopes up.
If I could just dilate to a freaking TWO we could get this show on the road, but I think I have an uncooperative cervix; I'm locked up tighter than Alcatraz. Ironic, since I thought cervical exams helped to open it? I go to a teaching hospital, so I get twice the hands in me...that's getting old, too, but the kids have to learn!
One of the most annoying things for me is the constant barrage of calls, texts, and Facebook messages..."Have that kid yet?"..."When you going to pop her out?"..."We are ready to meet your daughter!"...I know everyone means well and loves us, it's just getting frustrating...I want her out MUCH more than anyone else, I don't need to be reminded that my body is not doing its job!
On the bright side, my swelling has gone down considerably since I went on maternity leave, but now I'm worried I'm going to waste a huge portion of it still pregnant! I want to learn to be a mom, dag nab it, not continue to be pregnant! We're waiting for you, Miss Nova!

Last edited by jewelbreeze; August 8th, 2013 at 02:17 AM.
August 8th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Veteran
Still pregnant here! 39 weeks today. I was so sure that I was actually ahead of my due date and that I was going to go earlier then last time (my son was 12 days late). Dr. says I am 4 or 4 1/2 cm, 50% effaced, so that is good. She stripped my membranes on Monday but still no labor. Every once in a while i get insomnia which is miserable, but the last few nights I have actually been sleeping well.
August 9th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Veteran
Had my 38 week check up yesterday. No indication of any labour. My main worry is that the longer I go, the closer I get to a second c-section as I can't be induced. I was pretty upset after the appt, but then realized that I still have almost 2 weeks to go until my actual due date and then some more after that. So hopefully SOMETHING happens soon to give me hope.
August 9th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I'm feeling okay here. I had timeable BH last night that averaged 7 minutes apart for over two hours before I just stopped timing them. They didn't hurt and I was able o bet some rest so I assume my body is just gearing up. I'm excited to see when things get more real.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search