btdt moms post partum bleeding (tmi warning)

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pbear31

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2013, 10:21 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Has anyone ever had extended post partum bleeding? at my 6 week appt, I was still spotting. It seems my PP bleeding has been coming and going, but more often than not, still present. But it had slowed a lot and recently was only spotting. My uterus has not shrunk down all the way yet and my cervix is closed but not healed yet, my midwife said.

Well, then I didn't bleed for almost a week, and now I'm bleeding heavy again Could it be PP bleeding still? Or am I having my first PP menses? I know I don't pump often enough (I don't think) to delay return of menses, but it's weird to me that I would get my first PP menses less than a week after my PP bleeding stopped!

Does anyone know if that's possible? If it's not, and this is still PP bleeding (not a return of menses), do I need to be worried that it's gotten so heavy again?
August 6th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Super Mommy
I have not had that situation but I believe my gf who had a 24 w preemie got her cycle back right away. Could be due to the separation from baby and lack of nipple stimulation. Sorry you are going thru so much. I think that if you are having large or even medium clots that you should see dr.
August 6th, 2013, 11:38 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't remember why, but I recall with dd#1 that I had to go back into the dr's to get on medication to stop the bleeding after I had her. Have you had your post partum check up? I remember that I was SO drained after bleeding so much. If your concerned, I would ask.

August 6th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Mommy of 3
With my first I got my period back at 7 weeks post partum, about a week my pp bleeding had stopped. Sounds like that's what it is for you too

August 6th, 2013, 11:52 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Usually my PP bleeding will be like that, on/off again for 6-8 weeks. I will think its over and then BAM, more bleeding again. It's normal for me.
#12 is on the way
August 6th, 2013, 12:58 PM
321abc
I bled pretty heavily for 8 weeks or so. My doctor was shocked at first but then chocked it up to exclusively breast feeding. I didn't get my first PP period until I stopped breast feeding completely. It didn't come even as I was feeding formula half the time and nursing the other half.
August 6th, 2013, 01:03 PM
I've just never had PP bleeding this long before, nor started my period so soon, so I wasn't sure what it might be. Guess it's normal i figured i wouldn't get the benefit of no period for breastfeeding this time since i only pump 4-6 times a day.
August 6th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
With DD2 I had 12 weeks of PP bleeding, pretty consistent the whole time. With DD3 I bled on and off for 11 weeks. My OB said that I was just over -doing it. It's hard to remember, but where the placenta detaches there's basically an open would, you do too much, you bleed more. With DD1 I was able to really rest and just nurse and nap and recover and stopped bleeding at 6 weeks on the dot.

I'd be a little concerned about your uterus not shrinking down yet, I thought that was supposed to happen much closer to delivery time and I think that might contribute to your bleeding. If you're bleeding heavily or having any other symptoms, I'd get checked out.

Mom to four beautiful girls

August 6th, 2013, 07:23 PM
carolinashore's Avatar Veteran
With my first I didn't think the PP bleeding would ever stop. It was very heavy most of the time too. I had to keep pushing my follow up visit back because of it. I think it lasted about 7 weeks. My second was much lighter and shorter.

August 7th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Pbear31's Avatar Super Mommy
At 10 months I was only pumping 4 times a day, and my period had not returned. I bet it is still PP bleeding.
alittlelost likes this.
August 7th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I HOPE it's still PP bleeding. It just seems weird that it go heavy again like that, but I guess that's really just my luck

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search