Did You Vomit During C-Section?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Veteran
I'm a FTM and scheduled for a C-section on Friday (2 days...eek!). I think I'm well prepared for what a C-section entails...except for one thing. I HATE puking. I'm not at the point where I'd consider it one of those medical paranoia things, but I go out of my way to avoid any situation that may end up with me vomiting (alcohol, amusement park rides, etc). My husband has NEVER seen me puke.

That said, I know that MANY moms get sick during a C-section. I'm going to ask for anti-nausea meds as soon as possible, because when I had general anesthesia for surgery last year apparently I vomited when I was under. Quick poll...how many moms who have had C-sections got sick during or immediately after?
August 14th, 2013, 08:10 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I was one of those moms who did get sick. I had vomiting for almost 24 hours afterwards. Hopefully you won't be or the meds work for you.
#12 is on the way
August 14th, 2013, 09:15 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did not vomit during either of my C-sections. I did vomit after my second C-section, which just happened to be spinal anesthesia. I told my doctor this in preparation for this C-section and he said that he would make a note of it. It's not the spinal itself that made me vomit, it is the medication they used. I think they put Duramorph (morphine derivative).
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
August 14th, 2013, 09:43 AM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I vomited during my first c-section, and the anti nausea meds knocked me! Made me so drowsy I was not comfortable holding my son and was in and out of consciousness all day. This time, my c-section went a lot better. I had a few moments where I felt sick to my stomach but I never actually vomited and needed no additional meds.

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

August 14th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Veteran
I vomited lots during labor, but not at all during or after my c-section.
August 14th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was vomiting all through the procedure and first day But that's not typical, at least vomiting that much isn't.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
August 14th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Just afterwards for the first 6 hours or so in recovery.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

August 14th, 2013, 06:05 PM
carolinashore's Avatar Veteran
I haven't vomited during any of my 3 c-sections. The anesthesiologist has always been good about asking how I'm feeling, and giving the meds when I started feeling sick. I did vomit once several hours after this past c/s. I think it was more from the hot flash I was having than anything else.

August 15th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Veteran
While they were fixing me up from my c-section, they told me to tell them if I felt sick so, I said to the anestesiologist, "I think I'm going to be sick". He literally had something in the syringe ready to go and said, "Okay!", pressed the plunger to the syringe that was attached to my IV and that was it.

No pukies at all from me either during or after c-section.
August 15th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Jen71's Avatar Super Mommy
Nope, not at all for all 3.

August 16th, 2013, 04:15 AM
I was on demoral and had an epidural because my c section was unplanned but I wasn't nauseous at all because they have me phenagrin with my demoral.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search