40 week appointment And rant :-/

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Super Mommy
Midwife checked me AGAIN this week. Im now a good 4cm, baby is still on the high side which she said if this was my first they would be worried a bit about, but since we know I can deliver a baby - who was almost 8.5 lbs- they figure she's just not quite ready. She tried to 'stir things up' in there so we will see if it helps she doesn't think I'll need the 41 weeks appointment next Monday but if we do it's a long one, I'll be having a nst and ultrasound to check that she's ok.

So my rant, sorry if it's a little long...
My mom and gramma are staying with us to help before and after baby, they've been here Wednesday will be 2 weeks. My mom is great with the kids- normally- but she tends to overwhelm me and I think them too... She's always been that way and she does thing her way or no way- which is why I tend to have a tough time. My hubby ANSI have been married 9 years and I like to have my parents support and opinions but again it her way or no way, plus she just finish radiation from having breast cancer so I know she's had a ton on her plate this year. So when I've felt like I'm not dealing well with her I blame the pregnancy and say I'm tired and need to lay down and I just hang out in my bedroom. Well today my six year old didn't want to do school with her (we are homeschooling, but with the baby coming I haven't been on the ball with starting things but that's on me) but my mom has taken it upon herself to do the stuff. Well today it got bad my mom was yelling at her and saying for everyone just to leave he alone and she made herself a little bed area in our unfinished basement... Which again whatever she tends to need to have these fits every once in while and I try to ignore her. Then tonight 9 HOURS after all this started she is still crying and having herself a pity party- she asked to borrow the car to go to the store, I said I'd go along and just went on like nothing was wrong, then on threat home she started talking and dying about how dd- who I'll remind you is SIX- never wants to do anything withher that she came here just to spend time and play with her, that she lives to play with her and she never wants to do anything... That she spent all this time and money trying to get all this school stuff for us and she won't do it with her. Well then i got upset I told her that I NEVER asked in fact I repeatedly told her NOT TO that I and my dh wanted to learn how to do this and find what works for us, she raised her kids the way she wanted nowits my turn... But I will ever be good enough, and neither will my daughter apparently. She said she's done that she's not going to do anything with dd anymore- then I asked her who the six yearold was... Then when we got home I had a really good cry in the shower... So much for a non stressful last week of my pregnancy!

Ugh sorry about all the miss spells and stupid auto corrects that correct wrong!

August 19th, 2013, 11:49 PM
BabyT_heart_beat's Avatar Baby girl Londyn 8/13
I'm so sorry you're going through this especially at the end. Of all things she supposed to relieve the stress. I understand her feelings may be hurt about your DD but it's not about her right now. 6 yr olds will hate you one day and love you the next she of all people should know that. How is your grandmother handling things? Again I'm sorry about her behavior. I don't have any experience in this department so I don't have the best advice but just wanted to lend a friendly ear(or type)

****Thank you*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy****

August 20th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Super Mommy
So sorry you are going thru a stressful time. Hope it gets better and you hold your LO soon
August 20th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
HUGE hugs on the mom thing! I hope she apologizes so you can both feel better about it. Kids were meant to test us at times, and as a mother, she should remember this.

I hope the rest of your week is less stressful!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

August 20th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lurking from the September DDC. My mom is coming on Sep 14 to stay with us for 5 1/2 months to help with the baby. We have a 4 yr old DD who she adores and spoils. BUT I am expecting this same kind of drama with her that you just described!!! So immature and ridiculous...I mean I am very appreciative of all that she does for us, but sometimes she can act like spoiled teenager or a 5 yr old!! Moms are complicated...just want you to know I totally get what you are feeling...

August 20th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Super Mommy
My gramma has been pretty good but she's stressed with the kids- she's just not used to all the activity... My mom seems better today be they are both talking about going home and I'm starting think its not a terrible idea. :-/

I can't imagine them staying for 5 1/5 months!!! I know I would go crazy with that! We end up just not talking about it... I just hope baby comes soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search