Doctor appt today (possible reflux)

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I finally made an appt today to figure out what is going on with Finley. We think she may have reflux and she isn't gaining weight very quickly. I could tell she wasn't bulking up as quickly as the boys but gave it some time...well yesterday I decided to go to a breastfeeding support group at the local hospital so they could see if she was getting enough milk. Sure enough, they weighed her before and after and she took in 3.8 oz, which they said is great, so it isn't a supply issue

Then she proceeded act super fussy and throw it all up. She does this 1-2 times per day and almost always acts fussy after eating. She also always makes these gurgle noises like milk is trying to come back up. I called the pediatrician and she said it sounds like reflux, especially since we exclusively breastfeed. So, we are meeting with her today to figure it out.

It is possible that Finley is just a slow gainer, it took her a while to regain birth weight too. But the slow weight gain, throwing up and spitting up, and overall fussiness might be reflux. I hope it's a productive appt! I'll update later.

And here's a few recent pics of the little lady:

and big smiles!

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!

Last edited by Beachbabies; August 30th, 2013 at 10:12 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search