Updates! where is everyone???

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BabyT_heart_beat
  • 1 Post By UrbanMomma
  • 1 Post By mariri

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2013, 10:14 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know everyone is busy with their LO's but I'm wondering how you all are doing. Grayce is 3 weeks, 3 days old.

I am down to around 10-12 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight without trying. I am not really eating good. It's kind of difficult when there is no time for myself.. I just eat what I can. I also can't walk or do much because I am still recovering from the C-section. I hope I can get some walking in before the cold, rainy weather begins (everyday).

Today, I got down on the floor and was scrubbing a stain and my incision began to hurt. I couldn't believe I could not even scrub the floor. it's pretty frustrating not being able to clean. Oh well-

Grayce is doing okay. She has been sleeping from about 10pm to 2am and then wakes up every two hours after that which doesn't leave me much sleep. I try to get in a nap during the day if I can. What's frustrating is she is so sleepy from about 8am-11am which is when I am up and doing things finally...

Anyone of you who are past the 6 week mark, what do you find easier??? ( I need some encouragement here )... If your bfding, has your milk "evened out"? Mine seem so heavy and start to get so full if she doesn't nurse every 2-3 hours.

September 18th, 2013, 03:30 PM
BabyT_heart_beat's Avatar Baby girl Londyn 8/13
Hey! We are doing good. Londyn is 4 weeks 1 day. We celebrated her 1 month yesterday even though technically she won't be a month until Friday. She is growing like a weed and holding her head up pretty good. My mom left last Saturday so I am adjusting to it being just me and her while DH is working.

She is starting to refuse to sleep in her rock n play. As soon as I put her down she wakes up. Its like she hates it now. In order for me to get sleep she has to sleep on me. Which is ok until I get uncomfortable. We will work it out soon. She sleeps good in her crib but I am terrified to leave her in there because she rolls to her side by herself and we don't have monitors yet. Aside from the sleeping issues everything else is good.

I am below pre-pregnancy weight and that's not from trying. I am losing mass not weight if that makes sense. I get the "you are skinny comment" a lot now. I have no appetite which is probably why. Breastfeeding is going good and I still supplement with formula as needed. My C-section is healing well though I can tell when I over do because it aches. Its itching like crazy to, not sure if that's normal. That's about it with us. Just taking it one day at a time.
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

****Thank you*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy****

Last edited by BabyT_heart_beat; September 18th, 2013 at 03:33 PM.
September 18th, 2013, 03:31 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Hi, sorry you are still in pain. Just keep taking it easy.

Evaani is 5 weeks now, she is sleeping really good now, 5-6 hour stretches at night.

I am back to my pre preg weight. I go back to work sept 30.

I would type more but I am currently holding my 18 month old and feeding baby. LOL
mirdeemrlvs likes this.
#12 is on the way
September 19th, 2013, 01:12 PM
MissCiara's Avatar 8/28/13
Quri is 3 weeks and 1 day. She eats every couple hours and usually sleeps in between feedings. She definitely has her nights and days mixed up. I try to sleep when she sleeps but I always feel the need to clean! I am recovering well from my cesarean. The steri-strips are still in place and my belly is almost back flat, thanks to the abdominal binder they gave me in the hospital. I am 8 pounds away from my pre pregnancy weight. Haven't had much of an appetite. I eat when I remember to.
September 19th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCiara View Post
Quri is 3 weeks and 1 day. She eats every couple hours and usually sleeps in between feedings. She definitely has her nights and days mixed up. I try to sleep when she sleeps but I always feel the need to clean! I am recovering well from my cesarean. The steri-strips are still in place and my belly is almost back flat, thanks to the abdominal binder they gave me in the hospital. I am 8 pounds away from my pre pregnancy weight. Haven't had much of an appetite. I eat when I remember to.
I want to vaccumn and do laundry!! I never thought I would say that... lol.. I can fold clothes while sitting and I occasionally put them in the washer, but the laundry room is downstairs and I can't do a lot of walking up and down them carrying clothes or standing the whole time while folding like I usually do and vaccuming almost instantly causes soreness. I'm thinking maybe another week...

I had my staples removed at 5 days and the strips put on. When I did they told me that they would start to come off 5 days later, they didn't. At 10 days (15 days post partum) I called and they said I could go ahead and take them off.. it is a lot more comfortable. I am surprised yours are still on.

I didn't get one of those abdominal things. I was told about them and wish I got one, it would be a lot easier I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMomma View Post
Hi, sorry you are still in pain. Just keep taking it easy.

Evaani is 5 weeks now, she is sleeping really good now, 5-6 hour stretches at night.

I am back to my pre preg weight. I go back to work sept 30.

I would type more but I am currently holding my 18 month old and feeding baby. LOL
DH took Grayce last night and she slept for 7 hours. She slept on his chest for 2 1/2 and in the swing the rest of the time. When she is with me (in our room) she only sleeps in the co-sleeper for 4 hours at the most. I dont' sleep very well with her. I like to be completely comfortable with lots of pillows, etc.. and I can't do that with her.

September 19th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Innogen's Avatar Regular
Zephyr is 6 wks and 4 days old now and is doing awesome. She wakes up usually 1-2 times in the night which really isnt that bad. We got into the bad habit of her nursing to sleep and then she suckles all night long and sleeps on my boob. Now we are trying to break that habit so i can get decent sleep and it is painful. The biggest problem with her nights is that she doesn't nap much during the day and ends up overly tired. Now that we have figured that out, I just need to get her to nap more often.

Weight wise i have no idea what I am at. But i also don't know how much I gained. I've been back in my jeans since right after the birth but my tummy still isn't as flat as I would like it to be. Zephyr and I started a spinning class last week which is going really well and next week we start a mambo class and a yoga class together.

Breatfeeding wise, Zephyr is a little distracted eater and I have an over abundance of milk so she has a tough time even getting to the hindmilk which means we feed pretty frequently but we are working on it and are finally getting into a groove.

Time is flying!!! I can't believe how fast she is growing up.
September 19th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innogen View Post
Zephyr is 6 wks and 4 days old now and is doing awesome. She wakes up usually 1-2 times in the night which really isnt that bad. We got into the bad habit of her nursing to sleep and then she suckles all night long and sleeps on my boob. Now we are trying to break that habit so i can get decent sleep and it is painful. The biggest problem with her nights is that she doesn't nap much during the day and ends up overly tired. Now that we have figured that out, I just need to get her to nap more often.

Weight wise i have no idea what I am at. But i also don't know how much I gained. I've been back in my jeans since right after the birth but my tummy still isn't as flat as I would like it to be. Zephyr and I started a spinning class last week which is going really well and next week we start a mambo class and a yoga class together.

Breatfeeding wise, Zephyr is a little distracted eater and I have an over abundance of milk so she has a tough time even getting to the hindmilk which means we feed pretty frequently but we are working on it and are finally getting into a groove.

Time is flying!!! I can't believe how fast she is growing up.
I read in an article that that can cause sleeping issues (being overly tired) it said don't let them go over 3 hours sleeping during the day, but not up for more than 2 hours. I have found that is true with Grayce. Two hours is about all she can handle being awake.

Letting her latch on by herself can give you sore nipples if she is not latching properly. I usually feed on one side, then burp her, swaddle her and nurse the other side. Then I burp her and pat her back and s l o w l y put her down. Sometimes I have to do it all over again, but most times it works.

September 20th, 2013, 07:37 PM
mariri's Avatar Veteran
Tau is 7 weeks 6days and i have not lost any of the baby fat but he is such a sweet and easy bab. i get to do my house chores in time
mirdeemrlvs likes this.
September 22nd, 2013, 02:54 AM
mrsmckenzie1's Avatar Veteran
Ugh it is empty in here.. many of us our hanging out in the private jm group on fb.
Jessiah will be 7 weeks Monday... going thru a growth slurt... I had my csection was pretty much back to normal by week 4 ish..
Bfing is going ok. I return to work Sept 30 so been freaking out about leaving her. ..
That's pretty much it

September 22nd, 2013, 04:40 AM
Super Mommy
Grayson and Ailey are almost 8 weeks old! They are doing great. They are still on the same schedule, and sleep from 10:30-3 and from 4:30-8 most nights, so I'm getting more sleep with twins than I did with my DS at this age! Lol.
Grayson is an awesome breastfeeder and hates bottles. He had problems with gas a couple weeks ago but OTC gas drops have worked great. Ailey's breastfeeding is just ok; she gets really sleepy really easily, so most of the time I pump and give her a bottle, which she does really well with.
Since my babies were slightly early my pediatrician has me supplementing my breast milk with a little formula to help with brain development. They have me use a teaspoon of Similac Neosure in every 3 oz of my milk. That stuff is dang expensive! I'm glad they are able to take mostly breast milk.
Adjusting to twins has gone really well. My DS loves them and is so careful and gentle with them. All in all, we are doing really well!

How is your incision doing now that it's been a few more days? I hope you feel better quickly!
September 22nd, 2013, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookreader View Post
Grayson and Ailey are almost 8 weeks old! They are doing great. They are still on the same schedule, and sleep from 10:30-3 and from 4:30-8 most nights, so I'm getting more sleep with twins than I did with my DS at this age! Lol.
Grayson is an awesome breastfeeder and hates bottles. He had problems with gas a couple weeks ago but OTC gas drops have worked great. Ailey's breastfeeding is just ok; she gets really sleepy really easily, so most of the time I pump and give her a bottle, which she does really well with.
Since my babies were slightly early my pediatrician has me supplementing my breast milk with a little formula to help with brain development. They have me use a teaspoon of Similac Neosure in every 3 oz of my milk. That stuff is dang expensive! I'm glad they are able to take mostly breast milk.
Adjusting to twins has gone really well. My DS loves them and is so careful and gentle with them. All in all, we are doing really well!

How is your incision doing now that it's been a few more days? I hope you feel better quickly!
I am really impressed. Sounds like you are doing great! I am having a hard time handling one baby. This is my fifth and I think it's my age and the fact that I was (in my mind) done and wasn't having any more. I'm hoping a few more weeks things will get better.

Thanks for asking- I still can't do too much or I get sore. I can't vaccum, stand or walk too long or lift heavy things. I have two areas on my incision that hurt the most. Other than that, I'm happy I am starting to feel better..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmckenzie1 View Post
Ugh it is empty in here.. many of us our hanging out in the private jm group on fb.
Jessiah will be 7 weeks Monday... going thru a growth slurt... I had my csection was pretty much back to normal by week 4 ish..
Bfing is going ok. I return to work Sept 30 so been freaking out about leaving her. ..
That's pretty much it
Yeah, it's lonely around here. I don't have a lot of time anymore as I'm sure no one else does but I like chatting about the babies. I'm at 4 weeks today and feel good, but still can't overdo it. I think I'll need a couple more weeks. Has your milk "evened out" to where you feel you are making just enough? Sometimes I feel full and others I feel like she has sucked me dry and still wants more.

September 23rd, 2013, 08:35 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
I don't open the actual computer much anymore, this is the first time I'm on one in a week or so. Things are going awesomely with the little guy but we just bought a house so I've been crazy busy unpacking it and everything. He's over six weeks but he's been a laid back baby and awesome nurser for the most part. He doesn't like to be put down though so he lives in my arms, ha.

September 24th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We're also doing well. Its rare that I can get on the computer so I mostly facebook from my phone (JM won't load thru my phone).
Callen is 4 weeks 3 days and perfect. We were at the doctor yesterday and he has thrush Boo. 14 days of nystatin for himself and me and hopefully it'll take care of it. I have none of they symptoms but we're treating both of us.

He's a great baby, except he's NOISY! he grunts and moans all night long. He sleeps next to our bed in a rock n play bc I can't bring myself to put him in a room by himself. Just seems too little still, however if the noisness keeps up, it might be sooner rather than later lol!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

September 25th, 2013, 10:47 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm finally able to get on on my iPad! There was an issue with my username not registering.. (Was melissamarie247) I need a new siggy now so I'm recognizable. Elliot is 8 week today. The first month was a nightmare with all the issues.. But now we are on a routine. 7:30 bath time, eat, sleep by 8:15 until about 12 midnight, eat, sleep to about 3, eat a little, sleep to 6-6:30, eat, stick him in his rocker in the bathroom to shower, then the day is around his schedule unless I have things to do. The only bad thing in it all is his reflux is out of control and he wakes up gagging and wheezing and can't be put down flat so he usually sleeps on me
September 25th, 2013, 01:38 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I need to set up my ipad so I can come on JM. Ayla is 7 weeks old, and I am loving every minute. I've had some complications with my healing from the tears, but hopefully it won't take too much longer to be done with this, so i can be back to normal.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

September 26th, 2013, 10:39 AM
mrsmckenzie1's Avatar Veteran
Yeah, it's lonely around here. I don't have a lot of time anymore as I'm sure no one else does but I like chatting about the babies. I'm at 4 weeks today and feel good, but still can't overdo it. I think I'll need a couple more weeks. Has your milk "evened out" to where you feel you are making just enough? Sometimes I feel full and others I feel like she has sucked me dry and still wants more.[/QUOTE]

Yea I thinkI have pretty much evened... her eating has slowed down at 7 weeks and I get quite engorged and I sometimes fear my milk will start drying up and I will later need it...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search