Wyatt James 4.21.13

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By kurly
  • 1 Post By mommaerin
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By NewlyMrs
  • 1 Post By kurly

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spring Piglets LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Super Mommy
We went in Saturday night at 8pm for the induction. I was 38 weeks exactly and being induced for IUGR (small baby per the ultrasound). They admitted me and put an IV in, and checked my cervix. The nurse told me I was on 1cm and 50% effaced. They ordered the Cervidil which is a insert they lay up next to your cervix and it helps to soften and dilate you a little slower and more natural then Pitocin, so hopefully you have a easier more natural like progression to labor. So the nurse finally brought the Cervidil in around 10pm and put it in. OMG, it felt like she was sticking a knife in there...I mean- these people know where this is going-you'd think they make it a little more user friendly! It was a rectangle piece of PLASTIC with sharp edges....hurt like a biznitch. Anyway- then they say- okay we will check you in 12 hours and see where you are at- try to get some sleep! Yeah right, with having that stupid IV in, I was having to pee every 20 minutes, and it sucked because I would have to get up- unplug my IV, and unplug the monitors that were strapped to my belly to measure contractions and baby's heartbeat, drag it all across the room and pee. Also, the Cervidil had started to make me super crampy almost instantly. So finally around 6am (no sleep from mommy and maybe an hours worth for daddy) they came in just to see if i'd progressed any. I was at a 2 and like 80% effaced. I was so disappointed because I was hoping to be much further then that by that point. So then I started to get some really intense contractions going. When they came to check me at my 12 hour mark at 10am, she said I was at a 3 and 99% effaced, so they were going to take out the cervildil and see how I did over another few hours on my own before starting Pitocin. Also, since I was having some pretty knarly contractions- they were going to let me get my epidural (HECK YES!) So the guy came in around 10:30am and started the epidural. I only got numb in my left leg, and could still move my right side and could still feel the contractions fully in my belly. They were getting pretty bad, so the guy came back in and took the epidural out and put another one in. (Try sitting absolutely still for an epidural while having monster contractions…I wanted to die). The second epidural made me numb on both sides, but only from the hips down and did not numb my tummy- so I felt EVERY SINGLE CONTRACTION. They said that was the best I was going to get and would only say "it should be working". At 1:30pm they came in to check me and I was at a 6. While she was checking me, my water broke! No Pitocin needed for me. SO- I was thinking SWEET! Almost done! But the nurse said- okay we will come back and check you in 2 hours. Well almost immediately my contractions were through the roof. My mom and poor husband were in the room, and I couldn't have them talking, touching me, or even moving I was in so much pain it was... INTENSE! The nurse came in to check my monitors at 3, and I wasn't supposed to be checked until 3:30, but I begged her to PLEASE check me now because I didn't know how much longer I could handle this. She put her hand down there and said "Oh wow- you are ready to push!" No ship Sherlock! So up my legs went and I started pushing at each contraction. Thankfully- the epidural had at least worked on my butt and vagina and I didn't feel the pushing/delivery part at all. I pushed for about 45 minutes and on my last push the nurse goes "Stop, stop stop!” and is holding the baby’s head in. She calls the doctor very quickly while still hold his head in and the doctor and nurses coming RUNNING in trying to get their stuff ready. The doctor came over and said "Ok honey, give me a push” and I just barely pushed a bit and he came FLYING out all at once. He was born at 3:54pm. Apparently the doctor almost fumbled him he came out so last. lol. So off baby went to be checked out and my mom, husband, sisters all went over take pictures and be with him, while I finished up. The doctor was down there and had a very concerned looked on her face and kept asking her nurses for stuff. What had happened was- Wyatt came out with his arm up by his face, so he super stretched me and tore me on the outside (2nd degree tear) which they stitched up and the doctor said that was pretty normal for first time moms, BUT- what wasn't normal was that she couldn’t stop the bleeding on the INSIDE of my vajayjay because he had drug his fingernails out on the lining and (her words) "shredded it"............."SHREDDED it?!?!?!"...........it took her and hour to stitch it all up and get the bleeding to stop. There was a lot of blood- and seeing rag and rag being taken away full of blood was almost enough to make me wanna pass out. (sorry if TMI) But thankfully Wyatt was perfect and healthy and we got to keep him with us in the room. After the doctor was finally able to stop the bleeding they transferred us to the recovery room about 6pm. I didn't end up walking until 9am the next morning. We were released from the hospital about 3pm. My vagina is EXPLODED and SOOOOOOOO SORE. I can barely walk/move. I am sooooo grateful to have my husband who has done practically EVERYTHING for Wyatt and ME while I try to recover. Tomorrow Wyatt will be one week old. I am loving every second of him, but feel my recovery is putting a cloud over everything. Looking forward to feeling better and being REALLY able to take care of my sweet little one. Soon….very soon.

Wyatt is a perfect healthy boy born at 6lbs, 11oz, 20 inches. He's amazing!

LOL, looking through the smilies...this is what it feels like someone did to my vajay

Last edited by kurly; April 27th, 2013 at 07:20 PM.
April 27th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Veteran
OMG This is the BEST laugh I had all day. You should write a book. I am literally laughing out loud. It was so good I made DH listen too. I am sorry you are feeling so bad physically. I hope it gets better very soon!
kurly likes this.

April 27th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My new greatest fear is getting my vag shredded during delivery. You poor thing =//// BUT congratulations! And great story
kurly likes this.
April 28th, 2013, 12:03 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my what an experience! I am sorry your little guy was so dang rough on your poor vag! I can't imagine. Owwie!! I hope you heal soon so you can feel more like yourself. Congratulations on your little man though!
kurly likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 28th, 2013, 12:32 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So happy for you that Wyatt is here. Hoping you recover quickly. So not fun having to heal down there. Take care!!
kurly likes this.

April 28th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Veteran
You should know, again, what a delight it was to read this. Your quick wit and contagious humor are joyful! I love that you don't make any bones about the fact that labor just plain sucks (which so many people treat like it is just bubbles and rainbows- hello?! I'm not an idiot) but you still captured the beauty of having your precious son. My friend gave birth last week and has been having a hard time coping. I let her read it and she said it was so wonderful to hear an honest opinion of the whole birth experience. You were able to express all the things she was feeling but felt like a "bad mom" for not totally loving the whole birth experience! Thanks again for sharing. I hope you continue to heal and enjoy loving on your sweet Wyatt! Congrats again, momma!

April 28th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaerin View Post
You should know, again, what a delight it was to read this. Your quick wit and contagious humor are joyful! I love that you don't make any bones about the fact that labor just plain sucks (which so many people treat like it is just bubbles and rainbows- hello?! I'm not an idiot) but you still captured the beauty of having your precious son. My friend gave birth last week and has been having a hard time coping. I let her read it and she said it was so wonderful to hear an honest opinion of the whole birth experience. You were able to express all the things she was feeling but felt like a "bad mom" for not totally loving the whole birth experience! Thanks again for sharing. I hope you continue to heal and enjoy loving on your sweet Wyatt! Congrats again, momma!
Aww, thank you for that! You know, after I finished writing it and before I posted- I read it and thought "wow, I sound like whiney whimp" but posted it anyways because it's the truth, and I know whenever I "google" questions I have about baby stuff, you really have to dig for an honest answer. How sad! We are pushing CHILDREN out of our vajays.....this ain't cooking class! No sugar needed. It hurts! And it hurts for awhile! I'm glad if I made you laugh and helped validate your friends feelings.

BROKEN VAGINAS UNITE!
mommaerin likes this.
April 28th, 2013, 02:37 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Great story! Sucks that your epidural didn't do much for your contraction pain - I felt that way about mine, too, with my first.
April 28th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awe, what a story.
Sorry your son pretty much ripped your insides, sounds painful!

But you took it all like a champ. Good job

Hope u have a fast recovery.
May 17th, 2013, 01:12 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Hahaha...you do a great job capturing the "joys" of labor. Very entertaining, and cringeworthy, tale. Congrats on your gorgeous boy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search