Remy's Birth Story April 30, 2013

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By jcperez
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By SunnyBunnyMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spring Piglets LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2013, 01:34 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
It all began on an ordinary Monday morning. I had an OB appt. for a NST and just a reg. check up. It was a hecktic morning...I was feeling a bit stressed out that day for a few reasons. When the nurse took my BP she gave me a look and said, "this could be the day!" I said, "Oh no, its high isnt it?" She told me to lay on my left side until the NP came in to check me. When the NP came in she looked at me and said, "Oh no, why are you laying on your side?" She checked my BP and said, "Looks like today is the day!" I was suppose to get induced that Wednesday the 1st but since my BP was up they figured what was another 2 days. I was in shock though and I was scared because up until that day my BP has been great. The NP made me call my husband and tell him he needed to pick me up and take me to the hospital. She refused to let me drive home. In my mind I was thinking of all the things I still needed to do before baby got here and wouldnt get to do them now. Crazy...I know.

As we walked into Labor and Delivery it was so quiet! All the nurses were gabbing at the front desk as if there was no one in labor...I dont think there was anyone in labor. I told them that I would make their day a little more interesting. It was almost 12 in the afternoon by the time I was hooked up to the IV. OUCH! Dr. came in and checked me. Still only 1 cm dilated but very soft. She ordered 2 cytotecs for me which I took at 2 pm. Within an hour very faint contrax began, nothing serious though and after an hour they passed. I spent much of the day answering questions, watching the Food Network channel and updating family on my lack of progress. Come 6 pm it was time for a second round of 2 cytotecs. Again within the hour I was getting some contrax. Dr. came back and checked me. She said no changes and that she was going home but was on call. She ordered the nurses to start Pitocin to get things moving. At about 9 pm contrax. where coming about 2 to 3 minutes apart. Not real strong but enough to make me remember what was to come. I told the nurse about my other pregnancies and how the Epi didnt work both times. I didnt want to go through that again. Thank goodness the nurse was cool about it and after checking me and only being 2 cm. said it would be ok to get the EPI. When the anethesiologist came in I also told him about my past. He checked my spine and said I have a curved back and is prob. the reason it didnt work those times. My husband and the nurse stood infront of me and held my hands. I told my husband to hold my head down so I dont flinch because I knew I would. The Epi hurt pretty bad I must say. I jerked a few times. When they asked why, I said it felt like lightning bolts in my spine...it was a crazy feeling. It took a long time too. He had to numb my back again which felt better and I was able to stay still. It FINALLY worked and I was shocked at how he was able to get it right. My legs immediatly felt like 2 slabs of meat. My left one worse than my right. I could not move my legs at all! The nurse asked if I felt the next contrax. and I didnt...which was a wonderful thing.

Shortly after they broke my water, again....I couldn't feel that either. I didnt even feel the wetness. About 10:30 the NP/ midwife walked in. I was so surprised because I thought she would not be able to make it since the plans were changed. She came on her own time to be with me. I told her she didnt have to stay but she said she had already takin the next day off and was planning on staying with me. I was so happy! She came just in time too. After about an hour of talking with her my Epi wore off. She asked them to come back and give me more of the good stuff. The dr. did but it didnt work and I was begining to feel the contrax pretty hard. I had no idea how to breathe. I was bracing myself with each contrax. The NP helped me to breathe and it really did help. I felt the baby's head descending lower and lower into my pelvis with each contrax. and with each contrax. water would come out at the same time. The NP told me to tell her when I felt it in my rectum so she would check me. She said I was only 3 cm but I was going quick. I had about 10 of these really hard contrax. when I got the feeling the baby was in my rectum. Best way to describe this feeling is I felt like I had to make a bowel movement really badly and that I had to pass a bowling ball. I told the Np this. She checked me and called for the Dr. right away. I was 8 and half cm with a small lip. She said I could start pushing! The room transformed and the lights were bright! It was show time! I still could not feel my legs at all. The nuse and my friend NP held each leg and told me to push. It took a few tries before I felt I was doing it correctly. They had me push for 10 sec. 3 times each contrax. For me, pushing came easy. I didnt feel I had a hard time with that. About 8 pushes later I felt his head pop out. It didnt feel real. I felt his arm slither out next. They told me to give one last push and he came out screaming. It happened all so fast. They didnt need to cut me and I didnt tear! very happy about that too! He was born at 2:01 a.m., 7 lbs 2 oz. 19 3/4 inches and HEALTHY! Jet black hair and lots of it! He is also my first of the 3 to be born with grey eyes. My other 2 boys have brown like daddy. I have green eyes so Im hoping they stay and one of my boys has something of me.

People ask if I would do it again. When i was pregnant I would have said no way! But after its all said and done, all the pain, sickness, stress, being uncomfortable and the heartburn....its ALL worth it! I would do it 10 times more! I look at him and I see a miracle and I feel blessed to have had 3 healthy babies. I look at him everyday and am still amazed he was inside me and he is apart of my husband and I. It is truly amazing.

EverydayJoy and Mrsbowbin like this.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy

Last edited by jcperez; May 23rd, 2013 at 10:15 AM.
May 13th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Brock's minion
Beautiful story, I still can't believe all of that beautiful dark hair. You did great!

Michelle
May 13th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
What a wonderful story! ♥
May 15th, 2013, 08:09 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Such a quick progression! Way to go mama. I am so happy for you
jcperez likes this.
May 18th, 2013, 12:22 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Woo hoo! What's up with the epidural not working? I love how you initially described your legs feeling like "two slabs of meat!" Lol!

Congrats on another beautiful, healthy boy!
jcperez likes this.
May 18th, 2013, 01:20 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great birth story! Congrats on your beautiful boy!
jcperez likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 18th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats!!
jcperez likes this.
June 2nd, 2013, 04:28 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can't get over how cute he is. Great story!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search