Baby Coriz *May 9th 2013*

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By TeeCee
  • 1 Post By SunnyBunnyMama
  • 1 Post By markswife

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spring Piglets LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The birth of my son started from a membrane sweep on Tuesday. Yes ladies I gave in. All day Tuesday I was cramping and had bloody mucus. All which I knew was normal. Wednesday morning I was still a bit achy and all, but I knew not to get my hopes up. By Thursday morning at 3:00am my labor felt like it had begun.

I slept till 6:00am that morning and got up. Still having regular contractions. I didnt want to go to the hospital incase it was a fluke. I decided to go to Zumba that morning at 10:00am. I worked out as best possible. Even though my contractions were picking up in intensity. I checked my phone and my older sister informed me that she contacted Isaiah. She let him know I was possibly in labor. And to my surprise he had called like a million times and sent 15 msgs while I was in Zumba. Then he stopped by my house.. We went for 3 walks in this area by my house. Each walk the contractions were a bit more painful and I was feeling more heavy. By 4:00pm I decided to start getting mentally ready cause I knew my baby was making its appearance. Isaiah went home to pack a hospital bag for himself and I began to finish up last min baby things. By 6:30pm we decided it was.time to go to the hospital. We took my parents car and so they went to a car wash, and a gas station.before we offically headed fo the hospital. Mind you while at the car wash and gas station I was having contractions and my parents didnt even truly realize it. Lol
Arrived at the hospital and I was checked. I was at a 5 and contracting every 3-5 mins. I was admitted by 7:15pm and placed in a room 15 mins later. My admitting nurse was so funny. She kept calling me a rockstar. Lol since I was going all natural. Also we informed them I didnt know the gender of the baby so my nurse told me they wouldnt tell me the sex, I would be ale to see it on my own and announce the gender. That I was looking forard too. My water was still intact so I knew they would pop it for me. Sure enough my doctor was called and showed up in regualr clothes. Greeted me and said I was doing good and the baby sounded great. So all natural was working for me. He then told me I was gonna get my water broken within 15mins. So he came back at 8:15pm and checked my cervix. I was 7cm and he broke my water. Oh boy my contractions were intense after that. I just knew it was time to apologize in advance to my sister and mom because I knew I would be bi-polar. Haha. Then isaiah calls and says he couldnt get into the hospital cause the front lobby was locked. Soooo my sister left my side to get him. Mean while my contractions were hurting like a *%@#:/3:4+%# I tried my hardest to breath and not scream or cry. Isaiah showed up. My doctor let me labor all that time alone. Then the nurse came in at 10:05 to put me on the monitor and watch the babys heartbeat. Ugh!! I hated her at that point. And her calling me a Rockstar... I could have told her to STFU! And just watch my baby. Isaiah stood by the bed. Trying to rub my head and pretty much looked lost. I didnt mind him. I couldnt get mad at him cause I.didnt want to waste energy on him. After 20mins on the monitor my doctor checked me and I was ready to push. My sister held one leg and isaiah held the other leg. I pushed with one contraction and I felt no progress! I was mad. Then the second one I oushed again an d my doctor says... "mama give me your hand" so I did and he had me feel the babys head coming out... UMMM GROSS!!! Lol I know its my baby but I just wanted him out at the point. And the whole taking a poop on the table.. I just didnt care anymore. I pushed again and I felt his head come out... Then I was told to push slowly to push out his body. As soon as he was all out, ISaiah yells in my face and says "he has a penis!!! ITS A BOY!!!" Well no more surprise there. I was just happy to have him out. Isaiah was able to cut his cord. The funniest part was when the baby came out he was kicking and swinging and SLAPPED A MY SISTER ACROSS THE FACE. Lol hahahahaha she was all... OMG!!! He slapped me. Lol hahaha
The placenta took another 5 mins but once it was out... Sweet relief!!! Oh jesus I was crying cause no more pain.
He was born at 10:41pm
6 pounds 5 ounces
18 inches

May 14th, 2013, 07:08 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like an adventure! Congrats! He's adorable!

Nichole
May 14th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Super Mommy
Omg, you are truly a rockstar!! congrats. I laughed so hard at the baby slapping your sister. So active already, ha? well, that's b/c all of the zumba you've been doing!
Mrsbowbin likes this.
May 14th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
Lol! I love your birth story! So proud of you and your little guy is adorable!
May 14th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Aww, congrats!

Last edited by Shufu_in_Shunan; May 15th, 2013 at 01:06 PM.
May 15th, 2013, 10:53 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! He's so precious.
May 15th, 2013, 11:30 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Wow, who goes to Zumba during labor?! Congrats! He's a cutie!
May 15th, 2013, 12:00 PM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
So glad you got the natural birth you wanted! He's adorable!!

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
May 15th, 2013, 07:40 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Such a "fun" story to read. You really are a rockstar. I think the baby's father announcing is fairly priceless, especially the surprise tone to it. I am really, really happy for you. He is gorgeous
May 16th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Brock's minion
What a beautiful peanut. Great story, slapping your sister is priceless! Congrats glad his father showed up for him, hope it doesn't end there.

Michelle
May 16th, 2013, 08:30 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Too bad he didn't slap his daddy for all that he's put you through. I'm so glad that he was there for you at the birth. You did an amazing job and your little man is as handsome as could be. I can't believe you did Zumba in labor. You crack me up, my dear!!
TeeCee likes this.
May 16th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!! Natural birth is just amazing, I'm so glad you got to experience it. Enjoy that little love.

May 16th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by markswife View Post
Too bad he didn't slap his daddy for all that he's put you through. I'm so glad that he was there for you at the birth. You did an amazing job and your little man is as handsome as could be. I can't believe you did Zumba in labor. You crack me up, my dear!!
Exactly my thought! Lol
I could have slapped his dad myself.

Thank you. I am in love with my son.

And yes! Everyone who saw me at zumba were FREAKED to hear I delivered after that.
May 16th, 2013, 11:45 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thought I commented on this already! At any rate, congratulations on your little man, what a sweetie! And good job pushing him out with no pain meds! It sure is painful but worth it at the end, huh?

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 16th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I literally became a stronger woman for doing it natural. The amount of pain that came with child birth is something I will always cherish.
As I walked around the birthing room and the pain increased and increased I felt like I couldn't do it anymore. Like my body wasn't working. I wanted to cry. But the fact that my baby would be in the world with me helped ease some pain.
Oh gosh I could go on. Lol
So emotional
June 2nd, 2013, 04:48 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful story. Congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search