Baby Anna

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsLisaT

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spring Piglets LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2013, 02:45 PM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Now that she is a week old already, I thought that I better finally get a birth story up. Anna was born May 23 at 4:08 am weighing 8lbs, 4oz and is 19.25 inches long. She is absolutely perfect in every way! Here is her story.

Wednesday after work I had planned on taking a long walk in hopes to get something started since my 41.5 week appointment was the following day and the idea of induction scared me. Well, after dinner (around 6) when I planned on taking my walk, I started feeling what I thought were gas pains. I used the bathroom but it didn't help and that's when I noticed the pains seemed to be coming and going but it was all lower back so I wasn't convinced that it could be labor. I tried to lay down but that only lasted a minute or two when a bad one hit, at which point I told Hubby that he might want to start getting our things together. I got scared when I started to time them and found that they were only 2-3 minutes apart! Ben called the doc and we headed to the hospital. The drive there was quite funny. I was even laughing at myself then (Between the contractions of course). We were driving right into a thunder storm which was freaking me out and at one point I just started bawling because the traffic light was green but nobody was moving!

We finally arrived at the hospital around 8 pm and I was at 4-5 cm with a bulging water sac. The nurse scared me by saying that I might even have the baby that very day! I right away started to ask for an epidural since one of my big fears was not having time to get one. In my room, the nurse drew up the jacuzzi and I tried to relax in there while waiting for the anesthesiologist. I definitely had all back labor. It hurt so bad that I didn't even feel anything in the front. Around 11pm the doc finally arrived to do the epi and while it hurt like hell and completely freaked me out, the epi was AMAZING! The nurses kept saying that I got the perfect epidural, for which I was very grateful. Hubby and I tried to get some sleep after that but all I managed was to dose a little. I was also told that the epi slowed the contractions so I was given some pitocin to get things moving again.

While we were relaxing, waiting for baby to come, I could hear the poor woman next door. She wanted an epi but her labor came on so fast that they had no time for it and she was not mentally prepared to go natural. I'm laying there feeling absolutely nothing while this woman is screaming and crying and banging things around. I cried because I felt so sorry for her and guilty for my pain free labor.

Around 3am the nurse came to check my progress and I was a ten with baby's head right there, and my water had broken with meconium I pushed for an hour and the doctor had me lean forward after the head was out to see the baby and watch as she was born. It was so amazing and at first I couldn't really believe that I had a girl. I had to keep checking to make sure I was overlooking a penis! Since there was meconium, the NICU nurse had to take her to the side of the room at get her suctioned out but after 15 minutes or so, I had my skin to skin.

I knew I loved this baby when I was pregnant but I don't think my mind was capable to comprehend just how much I would love her when she finally came. It is such a special feeling! She is so precious and I love being a mommy!

Last edited by MrsLisaT; July 4th, 2013 at 09:36 AM.
May 30th, 2013, 07:02 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Oh wow! Hearing the woman next door would have freaked me out too! So glad you got your epi...that was my biggest fear too, not being able to get one.

Congrats on having a daughter! Interesting, we had quite a few of us with meconium (myself included).
May 30th, 2013, 07:11 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Wow...you went mighty quick for a first timer! Sounds like a great experience.

I vividly remember after I had Kieran, laying with my 18-hour-old on my chest, in the middle of the night, listening to the poor woman in the next room labor and deliver. I felt so bad (and wondered if I sounded like that...I am sure I did!). But I did kinda cheer her on and was so happy when I heard the baby be born.

Congrats on your daughter!! Enjoy all those sweet snuggles
May 30th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have often wondered why they don't sound proof delivery rooms. But anyway, congrats on your baby girl and great story!
May 31st, 2013, 05:35 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That was one bad thing about the hospital keeping you in the same room for delivery and recovery. Throughout my stay, I would hear screams of pain throughout the day and night. Thank God that none of them were as bad as the woman the night I delivered. There was also a pretty cool moment though where I heard another neighbor screaming, "I have a son! I have a son!"
ashj_1218 likes this.
June 1st, 2013, 04:57 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great story. Sounds like you got put next to.me during delivery

June 1st, 2013, 02:36 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful story. Congrats again on your precious little girl.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search