Ambesi - How's it going?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2006, 12:06 PM
bunnershunny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It sounded like you had a good morning when you didn't have the bread for breakfast, has that continued?

As for your fasting number, what do you have for a snack before bed, and how long is it between then and when you take your fasting numbers?

And didn't you have a dietician apt coming up?

I'm nosy

</div>
January 27th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Ambesi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are so sweet to ask about me! Thank you!

My morning numbers are still down, the last three mornings were 130, 149, and 142, which the last two are still above the range, but down by a lot compared to what they were before so I'm still experimenting with my morning carb, but it feels good to make some progress. My numbers by 2 hours after are always under target though so that's good.

My evening snack varies, but usually involves peanut butter, some kind of fruit and usually a piece of toast. On rare occasion, I will have 1/2 cup low carb ice cream with 1/2 banana and peanut butter. Or, I might have tuna fish, cheese, an apple and some crackers. It all really depends on what kind of mood I'm in. My evening snack doesn't seem to make much of a difference on my morning readings. I wish there were some kind of pattern to base the numbers on. What do you usually have?

I had my appointment at 1:15 yesterday. Due to my morning sugars still being higher than they should be, I though my doc was going to make me go on insulin injections. BUT... he said since I'm doing so well the rest of the day controlling my levels that he's going to have me try taking my glyburide both at night and in the morning and see if that helps. I hope that takes care of it. I'm just happy that he noticed how hard I'm working on this diet and happy that I'm doing so well!

I lost 2 1/2 pounds, which the nurse that weighed me said she wasn't concerned at all about. I guess it all depends on what nurse you get. So, with the weight loss I'm at 8 pounds gained so far! That makes me so happy! My BP was 118/70, I think that's the lowest it's been.

I started on my non stress tests yesterday as well. It went well. The nurse called my boy a show off because he moved around so much. He even got hiccups! LOL I have to continue having the NST twice a week until birth. They will be on Monday and Thursday evenings.

My doc also wants me to have one more u/s to see how baby is measuring and make sure he's not too big. He doesn't think I have a very good chance of being able to deliver a 10+ pound baby by VBAC. CJ was 9 lbs. 2 1/2 ounces so he's sure this one will probably be bigger than that. I'd at least like to try though!

So, it was a very good appointment and an all around good day. I needed one of those!

How are you doing? Are your numbers still down?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search