looks like insulin

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies. I went to my 1 week appt with the GD dietician to go over my blood sugars for the first week of testing.
My fasting blood sugars, early in the morning, I guess are too high.
I'm wondering what your doctor considers high.
My fasting sugars were between 88 and 99 throughout the week. They said under 90 is where they want to see them. Becuase they're high, they want the doctor to consider putting me on insulin shots right before bed to control that.

I've gotta ask the doctor something I don't understand though... why is it ok for my sugars to be as high as 140 during the day but they can't be up higher than 90 while I sleep?

Have any of you asked that question? Just curious what you guys think. I'll see the doctor on Friday afternoon

something my dietician told me....She's very concerned about my lack of sleep. she said there was a recent study that says there is a strong correlation between sleep deprevation and type II diabetes. have you gals heard about that too?

Mommy to Briana - 10, Laura - 9, Kainan - 8, Sara - 6 1/2 , Andrew - 4 1/2 and Nathan - 2

I Love Yoli ! Ask Me Why!!!

April 29th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Veteran
With me- the diabetes educator said under 90 for fasting, but my OB (who's the one that looks at my numbers weekly) said under 95-so that's what I go with. My fasting numbers were creeping up into the high 90's (nothing over 99) also, so I was put on 2.5 mg of glyburide at night and that has done wonders so far (knock on wood). It's a pill, so I might ask your doctor about that before you have to start sticking yourself.
I think the reason why your fasting numbers should be lower than daytime numbers is because when you test in the day it's only been 1-2 hrs after eating, but in the morning it's been 8-10 hours or so. That's just a guess though.
I haven't heard anything about sleep and diabetes, but it's amazing how many things do affect blood sugar. Stress, having a cold, etc. So that doesn't surprise me.

Good luck with everything !

Mommy to two beautiful girls (5 & 3)
Expecting #3 in December

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search