Just started testing today! Need help

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2009, 03:53 PM
~LoViNmYbOyS~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I ate lunch at around 330 and tested at 5 30... I know that its supposed to be under 120 but it was 90 and I'm wondering if thats too low??
May 5th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Veteran
I'm sorry, I don't know what is considered too low after a meal, but my doctor has never made any comments of concern about my post meal readings that have been in the 90's from my logbook.

Mommy to two beautiful girls (5 & 3)
Expecting #3 in December

May 5th, 2009, 11:10 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
90 is still ok reading. You may want to add a couple more carbs into that meal that you ate but 90 is ok. anything much under that 2hrs after a meal is too low. Have you tried checking 1hr after to see if its higher then? (under 140 @ 1hr after)

May 6th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LoViNmYbOyS~ View Post
Well, I ate lunch at around 330 and tested at 5 30... I know that its supposed to be under 120 but it was 90 and I'm wondering if thats too low??
Your okay, 90 is PERFECT! Once it gets into the 60's, you may want to add a few more carbs to your meal..

As of now, my sugars usually range between 70 and 100 2 hours after I eat.. My dietitian says my numbers are great! I usually get my low numbers when I'm at work, because I'm constantly moving.. It's around the 90 range when I'm at home..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; May 6th, 2009 at 09:28 PM.
May 6th, 2009, 09:30 PM
mama2aredhead2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mama2aredhead2
90 is fine! But make sure you eat a snack shortly there after so that your numbers don't drop into the 60's.

Thanks SandKmommy for my siggy!

May 9th, 2009, 07:35 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I agree 90 is fine. When I had GD the meds they had me on caused low blood sugars and I was in the 50s-60s. I think 90 is a great number.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
May 13th, 2009, 12:16 PM
MamaPickles's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MamaPickles Send a message via Yahoo to MamaPickles
I've just started testing this week and since I work at my doctor's office, I've been constantly asking about my sugars. I've been in the 80's and 90's 2 hours after my meals and she's said that those are great. So way to go!

C + T since 10.16.2004

May 13th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Little June Bug's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2aredhead2 View Post
90 is fine! But make sure you eat a snack shortly there after so that your numbers don't drop into the 60's.
ditto. i would have an earlier snack than normal so you don't go "too low". you will know if it's too low as you will feel shaky and irritable and like you HAVE to eat NOW and nothing will stand in your way.

[quote]
X3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search