insulin?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2009, 11:56 AM
jfernald's Avatar Veteran
So I started the GD thing about a week ago. I had it with my first pregnancy and ended up on insulin at night. fasting number was just too high. I am really hoping to avoid insulin this time and I did develope GD later in this pregnancy than my first. My fasting number as been 91 for the last 3 morning. The clinic told me below 90 do you think 1 point will make a difference and they will put me on insulin. I hate doing the shots. Looking for opinions. All my other numbers are great! TIA

I put this in the wrong board I meant to post in the GD baord. Oops my bad i am just so used to hanging out here. I will ask over there too!

May 19th, 2009, 01:14 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
I doubt they will put you on insulin for 1 pt over, they'll just have you eat something different at night before bed

I was put on glybruide with my daughters pregnancy before bed for my fasting levels between 95ish to 110. (I was insulin with my son but it was my breakfast numbers too high with him)

May 19th, 2009, 06:50 AM
photophreak's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree that they probably won't make the insulin decision based on 1 point over 90.

What are you having as your bedtime snack? have you played with that at all to see if you can manipulate your fasting number based upon what you eat before bed?
May 19th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I know my Endo would put me on insulin.. lol But with my history of having high FBS with GD, she would feel comfortable with me doing it.. But I don't have problems with my other numbers, it's just those darn FBS..

I would try a snack at night, as suggested..

May 22nd, 2009, 08:30 AM
jfernald's Avatar Veteran
Well I am on insulin. My numbers just started climbing and with my history of Fasting being high we have started insulin. All my other numbers are fine. It was this way with my first pregnancy as well. The only good thing is I get more ultrasounds now that I am on insulin and my Ob will not let me go past my due date so here is to having a baby girl by Aug 1st

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search