Food Log 10/08/09

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I guess have been pretty repetitious - when I find something that works I tend to stick with it!
B: South beach protein bar, 2 clementines
S: About 1 1/2 servings of almonds, some dried mango (I know dried fruit is bad, but I've eaten the rest of the bag now so it is gone and I won't have anymore until the baby comes - which is hard because I LOVE dried mango!!)
L: 1/2 PB sandwich on whole-grain bread, glass of milk, baby carrots
S: Cheese & Triscuits, a pear
D: Leftover vegetable-barley-beef stew.
S: Not sure. I'll probably end up with a fiber bar and glass of milk like I usually eat, but I'm hoping to find a good high-protein, high-fiber alternative that has less sugar, as my fasting numbers have been a bit higher lately. Any suggestions?? No nuts, please - I'm already all nutted out today!

ETA: I thought of something I might try tonight - I could top a whole-grain tortilla or some tortilla chips with cheese and black beans and a bit of salsa and bake for 10 minutes. That should give me plenty of protein & fiber, though I'll have to figure out how many beans I can add to stay within my 30 carb limit. Now I'm excited about my after-dinner snack

Last edited by bearbait; October 8th, 2009 at 09:51 AM.
October 8th, 2009, 05:41 PM
rosehip's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry I haven't posted in a while... I'm going through a final trial period before my dieticians prescribe insulin so I've been holed up in my little world trying to wrangle my numbers back to normal. I've been sick with a stomach bug, so my numbers have been all over the place. :/ Thankfully I'm getting better and so have my numbers. Hopefully they'll see I was just sick and won't medicate me... I know insulin's no big deal, but if I don't need it I don't want it.

Anyway, here's my food log:

Breakfast: 1 egg overmedium, 3 turkey breakfast sausage links, 1 wheat waffle, 1 babybel lite cheese, 1 cup decaf earl grey tea.

snack 1: pomegranate greek yogurt (12g carb/14g protein)

Lunch: Pesto Chicken wrap -- pesto-marinated chicken breast 6 oz., cheddar cheese 1oz, romaine lettuce 1oz., cucumbers 1 oz., tomatoes 1 oz., goddess dressing 1 tbsp, mayo 1 tbsp, 1 whole wheat wrap (20g carb).

snack 2: steel-cut oatmeal 1/2 c. (18g carb), 3 chopped dried apricots, 1 oz. walnuts, 1 oz. sunflower seeds, babybel lite cheese.

snack 3: 1 whole banana, 12 almonds, 1 string cheese.

Dinner: 1 6oz. spice marinated pork chop, 1/2 c. sauteed spinach, 1/2 c. roasted baby potatoes with shallots.

snack 4: 1 c. steamed edamame, 12 almonds.
October 9th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbait View Post
S: Not sure. I'll probably end up with a fiber bar and glass of milk like I usually eat, but I'm hoping to find a good high-protein, high-fiber alternative that has less sugar, as my fasting numbers have been a bit higher lately. Any suggestions?? No nuts, please - I'm already all nutted out today!
I found that if I have any carbs before bed my fastings are higher than usual. I eat a cheese stick and then PB with a spoon before bed. That does the trick me for me!

I told DH last night, after this baby is here I don't ever want to eat PB or a cheese stick again

October 9th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
^ Lol! I second that about the peanut butter!! Though I believe I will always like cheese. I'm afraid I'm going to starve all night long if I can't have a big snack (I'm hyperthyroid, which makes me hungry all the time). I guess I'll try eating 15g at night instead of my usual 30g and see if that does it; if not, I'll give the no-carb snack a try.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search