Hi all!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2010, 07:50 PM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm from the July DDC, and a few gals over there suggested I check it out here.

My urine glucose test at the OB today showed realllly high (I don't know what it was, but the implication I got was that it was well, well above normal) so they are bypassing me right over the screening test, to the three hour GTT tomorrow morning.

I had the three-hour with my first preg but passed it.

I'm not so sure I will this time. Diabetes runs in my family, and I think I may have had some pre-diabetes possibly starting before I even got pregnant.

I'm trying to tell myself that if it comes back positive, then I'll just have to deal with it, and go from there, and maybe even find some positives in it along the way (like correcting some bad eating habits that need to be dealt with anyway.)

Still, it's scary

So I'll be checking in in a few days and, if I do have GD, I'm hoping I can come here for some information, support and help.

March 1st, 2010, 08:21 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Hi!

I'm a type one diabetic, diagnosed during my last pregnancy. My urine test was so high they skipped the GTT entirely and just did an A1C.

Hopefully you won't need us, but we're here if you do!!!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

March 1st, 2010, 08:48 PM
BluvnU4evr's Avatar Erica
Hey, saw your post in the June DDC and I also belong to the June DDC. I found out I had GD last week. This week I've been just monitoring my blood glucose at home and also food logging my diet and trying to see if certain foods trigger the BG levels. So far it's been high a few times a day and it really depresses me because I'm trying so hard to watch what I eat, but I have the nurse tell me I need the carbs for baby, so it's just finding those carbs that are ok for me to have. On Wednesday I go in for another prenatal visit and I also have an appt with the RN who's been assigned to my case. This blows, but it's like I'm telling everyone.... me being on a diet plan is NOT a bad idea. I was obese to begin with, have been for most of my life. Diabetes runs in my family. It's bound to happen. It didn't happen for my siblings and my mom until they were in their 40s though. Anyhow.... I'm waiting to see if they'll decide I need to be on meds or not.

March 6th, 2010, 08:29 PM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, the test confirmed it! GD... I go to the endocrinologist on Monday, so we'll get the eating plan ironed out and go from there.

Erica, I have been saying the same thing - I'm trying to look at it from the positive angle. I'm going to learn some new eating habits, and hopefully in the long run this will be the start of some long-term good health changes (I'm also heavy and my father has diabetes... so, better for me to tackle some of these habits now, than in 20 years.)

I'm going to surf around on this board, and see what I can learn!

Thanks ladies!

March 6th, 2010, 08:41 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
One advantage is that when you learn to better manage carbs, you're hungry less often!

I am one of the resident full time diabetic experts here, PM me with any questions, day or night!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search