Introduction

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Veteran
Hello all! I have been lurking here for awhile now and thought that it might be time for me to finally introduce myself. My name is beth and this pregnancy is my fourth. I was told that I would never be able to conceive without medical assistance due to PCOS. So my first we sought out medical assistance and conceived my first daughter. With her I was diagnosed with GD at the normal time. With my second daughter we were blessed with a accidental surprise. And they tested me at seven weeks and I already had GD. We know that I am not diabetic inbetween pregnancy but I then conceived another surprise and lost that pregnancy at 12 weeks due to placental abruption. I am know pregnant again and struggling with GD.

[img]

10/2009 11 weeks
Chemical 5/2012
April 10th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Veteran
Congrats on the pregnancy and welcome!!!

Why are you struggling with the GD? This is my second pregnancy and was dx'd at 29 weeks with GD. It hasn't been too terribly bad I have to admit, frustrating at times but the way I look at it, it's only temporary.
April 10th, 2010, 05:25 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Hi! I am your host Rebecca. I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at 17 weeks pregnant with my first son Ethan (who was conceived with medical assistance). Sadly he passed at 18 weeks. We conceived again with medical assistance 7 months later, I am now 34 weeks pregnant with another little boy A diabetes diagnosis in pregnancy is an overwhelming thing, especially if you are busy with another child at home! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you, even if you just need a cheerleader

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

April 11th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Veteran
Thanks ladies...it is not that it is overwhemingly difficult it is just not want i really want to eat but i do agree it is only temporary and because of it i get to see the baby every four weeks so not so bad...

[img]

10/2009 11 weeks
Chemical 5/2012
April 11th, 2010, 07:48 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Yeah, I'm with you on not always wanting to eat what I should. All I want is fruit some days, and I have to be careful with that.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

April 12th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Veteran
oh i totally know...i do not know what i am going to do during the hot summer months and all the wonderful fruit in season

[img]

10/2009 11 weeks
Chemical 5/2012
April 12th, 2010, 12:49 PM
BluvnU4evr's Avatar Erica
I wish you success in your battle with GD. It hasn't been easy for me when my BFF AND DH are sitting across from me eating slices of strawberry and dutch apple pies.

April 12th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Ang1885's Avatar Veteran
I was going to start Metformin because of my PCOS and I got pregnant to my surprise after 3 years of using no birth control. I found out 3 weeks ago about my GD but it's only bad 2 hours after eating so I'm just watching the carbs with meals. Good luck to you and I hope your pregnancy is healthy anyways!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search