Low Blood glucose

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Veteran
For the last two days i can not seem to keep my sugars up...this is a problem isn't it? two hours after I eat they are in the sixties sometimes 40's...aurghhhh...what to do?

[img]

10/2009 11 weeks
Chemical 5/2012
April 14th, 2010, 01:15 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I have had this problem a lot this pregnancy. As long as you treat your lows the baby is totally safe, so don't worry about that. I'm actually treating a 47 as I type.

Generally the way to prevent lows is to take less insulin, change what you are eating, or have a snack to prevent them. I have just come to expect lows at certain times and try to have a snack before they hit. Today I had a surprise nap, so I crashed.

What are you eating at your meals usually?

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

April 14th, 2010, 09:08 PM
BluvnU4evr's Avatar Erica
I'm on Glyburide and having early AM lows even with me eating a bowl of before bed (around 30-40grams of carbs), but nothing as low as 47... holy cow! My lows are in the 50s usually and usually in the early AM. I wake up with this urge to clean out my fridge.

What kind of meds are you taking?

April 15th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Veteran
Thanks ladies for your input...I haven't really changed my diet any...I usually have no more than 45 carbs at a meal and plenty of proteing...currently I am on glyburide...a total of 15 mg...1 5 mg tablet before breakfast and 2 5 mg tablets before dinner...today when I woke up thankfully my blood glucose was at a 75 not so bad...unfortunately though he has me testing at the two hour mark so I can't really increase my snacks until after I have tested...I have an appointment on monday so we will see what he says

[img]

10/2009 11 weeks
Chemical 5/2012
April 20th, 2010, 06:35 AM
How did the appt go? Any suggestions from him or adjustments?

I know with my Glyburide I was taking an hour before dinner I would get really low BGLs in the AM. I started taking it earlier, between 2-3pm and found it helped a lot.

April 20th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Veteran
My appointment went ok...he is actually backing me off some of the glyburide now...I just hope it is not too drastic of a change...I know insulin is not the worst thing but I was hoping to be able to control this so that I would not have to happen...anyways

[img]

10/2009 11 weeks
Chemical 5/2012
April 21st, 2010, 07:56 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
If he's had to actually back you off of the Glyburide, that's a good sign that you aren't going to need insulin anytime soon.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

April 21st, 2010, 09:32 AM
Veteran
Thanks Rebecca...I hope that is the truth

[img]

10/2009 11 weeks
Chemical 5/2012
April 24th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccabaltimore View Post
If he's had to actually back you off of the Glyburide, that's a good sign that you aren't going to need insulin anytime soon.
It is a good sign!

I hope this works for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search