Just Diagnosed

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Hi All. I am new to this. I was just recently diagnosed with GD. Tested early because both my parents are Type 2 diabetics. I have been able to control my #s during the day with their diet plan but my FBS are still averaging in the 120s so they put my on NPH insulin in the evenings. This has been my second day. First day my FBS was still in the 120s and then my #s during the day were out of whack. Second day, today, my FBS was 110 and I am experiencing whacking #s again. My 1 hr after breakfast was 174. I have never been this high...even eating white bread. I ate the same thing as what I've been previously..ezekiel toast, egg with tomatoes...and would normally get 116 or so. Could my NPH be throwing me off? My 1HB yesterday was high as well, lunch was high, and dinner was back to what it normally was. Has anyone else experienced this? I am afraid they will put my on insulin during the day because of these new #s. I would like to control this with diet and exercise as much as possible since I am just finishing my first tri and it seems like I would just need more and more insulin later on. Any shared experience/advice would be greatly appreciated.
May 31st, 2010, 12:55 PM
Regular
No need to worry about being put on insulin during the day, it's not that big of a deal, the health of our babies is all that matters!

My levels are all out of whack too, I was put on insulin for lunch and before bed for my fasting levels, I am still waking up with high fasting levels (put on it on Friday) so they upped my insulin amount today. My breakfast levels are really high and I don't eat more than I am supposed to, hopefully if my fasting levels go down, my breakfast ones will too. My dinner levels are going up a bit too, so they are going to decide in 3 days if they are going to put me on Insulin before breakfast and dinner.
June 11th, 2010, 08:01 AM
My numbers are finally getting better. They've increased by NPH at bedtime to 12 units to bring down my FB which seems to be helping. I am still tweaking what I eat and it is amazing how the numbers fluctuate depending on what fruit I choose. I find bananas, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, apricots, and watermelon work best and nectarines and definitely grapes are a big no no. So far so good...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search