failed 1 hr...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2010, 03:06 PM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
*popping in from Sept DDC*
I just failed my 1 hr for the first time ever. my number was 9.8 which is I figured about 172. Now i am freaking out and scared. I know there are way worse things in the world then GD, but I am scared
I have had big babies, but big babies run in my family. My babies were 8.12 Full term, 9.11 10 days over due, 10 lbs 38 weeks, and 9.1 11 days overdue.
My moms were all big as well with no GD.
I haven't heard from my Dr yet. I called into the lab and got my results. Now what? I'm in Canada so i don't know if things are different here. Now I do a 2 or 3 hr test?
With my number, what are the chances of me passing the longer version?
FYI yesterday I had some sweets, this morning all I had before was a glass of water and 4 slices of cheddar cheese. I was told I didn't have to fast, but have read fasting is better but I was starving
July 1st, 2010, 02:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I failed my 1 hour and passed the 3 hour. I do not know what my numbers were on the 1 hour test. I did fast. I have nothing to eat 12 hours prior (I think it was 12, may have been 10.)

From what I have read they will give you the 3 hour test if you fall between 140 and 200. Anything over 200 and they forego the 3 hour test.
This article has a chart that breaks down the chances of having GD based on your 1 hour test numbers.
GD Testing

July 2nd, 2010, 06:32 AM
Thank you so much!
July 2nd, 2010, 06:16 PM
Renwick2002's Avatar Veteran
It's really quite normal to fail the 1 hour. I know it's scary when you fail but hang in there! The 3 hour test is not fun but it tells you so much more than the 1 hour! The 1 hour number doesn't reflect how the results will be on the 3 hour

Good luck!
July 5th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Didn't hear from my Dr today so I guess he's not super worried. Maybe tomorrow.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search