Did Glyburide work for you?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My doc put me on glyburide last Wednesday and it was working great but now it seems it may not be working as well. Yesterday my numbers were up a little and today they haven't been great at all! I hope tomorrow will be better and today was just off for some reason. How did it work for you?
September 8th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
I have never been on it.
September 12th, 2010, 07:08 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been having the same problem. Worked great at first. Stopped working so well. Was put on a double dose. Worked well. Stopped working. Now they keep adjusting the times I take it to try and get a good balance. I have a feeling they will be adding a third dose this week.

Honestly I am just so sick of GD and wish they would just deliver this 10 lb tank now

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

September 12th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It worked well for me. I was on a low dose for quite a while, but did have to up the dose in the last few weeks. I know they told me it's a trial and error thing to get the right dose for each person...

September 17th, 2010, 06:56 AM
I went back to the doc and he increased my nightly dose. Dh made a spreadsheet and it made it so much easier to see. My fastings are always high but some days were really high and those were the days that my numbers stayed high through the day. The days it wasn't so high my post meal numbers were much better. I'm having more numbers within range than not, so hopefully this change will work, for now anyway. This am my fasting was 92, that's the lowest I've had so it's getting better!!!
September 20th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Sparkling Super Mommy
With my last pregnancy it worked well until my 35th wk and they wanted to put me on Insulin, but since I am stubborn- I just ate alot of salads and curbed it. This time I have been put on Gly at 2 months pregnant- so far its working a little tricky though - low blow sugars. I think its better than shots for now, I don't like needles!

September 26th, 2010, 01:03 PM
want1baby's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to want1baby
I was on it last pregnancy had 1 adjustment was fine until delivery.This time around was on it almost from the begining and had it adjusted every week until the maxed me out and put me on insulin on Wednesday.We really have to pay attention to everything we put in our mouths.Whatever we eat for dinner or for asnack after affects our night time dose or glyburide big time we are not up moving around to work that off all night.Fruits even though we are told we normally need them are full of natural sugars that are not good for us.Us green vegetables. Are good for us so salads are great.we can have our proteins to help we have to watch our carb intake as wellBreads Pastas are all not our friend if he eat then a lot. If you eat a bagel only eat half. It sounds funny but a burger with no bun is better than with a bun.no ice cream as we pregnant woman are rumored to love .its a little pricy I have been introduced to boost with glucose control during my recent admission for high sugars due to betamethazone injections I have been dilated to 2 cm for the last 3 weeks.it taste good some of you may want to try it.I have found I can't even drink crystal light now it affects my sugars.I hate needles to but the stick from the glucometer actually hurts worse than the insulin needle.I think once I was given the insulin it makes me pay more attention to what I'm eating .My son was already weighing in at 3 lbs at 27 weeks.We got to get this under control if we don't want to have 10-11 lb babies due to our hard headedness.

[URL="http://[URL]http://www.widdlytinks.com"][/URL. /URL]]
Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Make a pregnancy ticker

[url=http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/]

September 27th, 2010, 07:21 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I was put on Glyburide one week after diagnosis and last Friday, after 2 weeks taking it, they told me to start taking it at dinner not at bedtime, but it hasn't helped. Since they mentioned upping it to twice a day I went ahead and incresed it to twice a day but 2 mornings in a row now I have had high fasting sugars. I really do not want to give myself shots.

I drink the Boost Glucose Control Shakes although they are almost $9 @ Wal-mart. They keep me more satisfied but haven't noticed any difference in my sugars.

My husband found these protein shakes that are only 6g carbs. They are filling as welland help during snack time. EAS, AdvantEDGE CarbControl. I drink the chocolate. They are almost $5 @ Wal-Mart for a pack of 4 but almost $9 at Wal-greens!!! They are also more expensive at my grocery store, Food Lion.

Also, I cannot drink zero carb Sprite, only had it twice and each time my sugars were way out of whack. I sometimes think that even the artificial sweeteners or something causes issues.

I have read that spinach helps regulate blood sugar. Does anyone have any specific greens or other foods that seem to help?
September 27th, 2010, 10:41 AM
want1baby's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to want1baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarhea View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I was put on Glyburide one week after diagnosis and last Friday, after 2 weeks taking it, they told me to start taking it at dinner not at bedtime, but it hasn't helped. Since they mentioned upping it to twice a day I went ahead and incresed it to twice a day but 2 mornings in a row now I have had high fasting sugars. I really do not want to give myself shots.

I drink the Boost Glucose Control Shakes although they are almost $9 @ Wal-mart. They keep me more satisfied but haven't noticed any difference in my sugars.

My husband found these protein shakes that are only 6g carbs. They are filling as welland help during snack time. EAS, AdvantEDGE CarbControl. I drink the chocolate. They are almost $5 @ Wal-Mart for a pack of 4 but almost $9 at Wal-greens!!! They are also more expensive at my grocery store, Food Lion.

Also, I cannot drink zero carb Sprite, only had it twice and each time my sugars were way out of whack. I sometimes think that even the artificial sweeteners or something causes issues.

I have read that spinach helps regulate blood sugar. Does anyone have any specific greens or other foods that seem to help?
Greens are great because they are a free food you can eat as much as you want and it doesn't count towards your card intake at all unless you add a carb to it then a salad is an entire meal with no carbs

[URL="http://[URL]http://www.widdlytinks.com"][/URL. /URL]]
Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Make a pregnancy ticker

[url=http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/]

September 28th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I have tried adding protein shakes and they seemed to help my breakfast numbers for a little bit but now not so much. The last few days my lunch and supper numbers have been good, but I don't always eat all of the carbs that they suggested. I take 2.5mg of glyburide in the morning and 5mg before supper. I really think I may be dropping too low during the night and my liver is dumping sugar in my system. I tend to stay up late and I have a snack right before I go to bed and still have issues. I have to get up pretty early 2-3 days a week so I really don't want to wake in the middle of the night for a snack. I eat the same thing every morning and my breakfast and it had been fine but now its higher. It is very frustrating!! My fastings are rarely under a 100 no matter what i try for snacks. I may have to wake up to snack and see if that will help. It's way harder for me this time than my last pregnancy.
October 15th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Veteran
I am a GD mama, and my midwife is working with me on my diet... Beans greens & protein only. Works wonders! My sugars are the best they have ever been! She also has me drinking a glass of room temperature water in the am with an organic lemon squeezed in it.

She said that eventually we will add some ancient grains and maybe a little bit of dairy.
February 24th, 2013, 02:58 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It was discovered that I had GD pretty late in my last pregnancy. I tried diet for a week and it didn't help much at all so they put me on a low dose of glyburide. It definitely helped, but I think they would have upped it if I had longer to go with my pregnancy.

[/url]

June 30th, 2013, 11:36 PM
I take glyburide every night and it worked for me. It should work for you too. I take it before I go to bed. I suggest you take it later in the evening. Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search