BTDT mamas with GD

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2010, 01:12 PM
JessMitch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How big or small was your baby when you had GD? I'm super nervous about having a huge baby!!

November 28th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my guy was 8lb4oz born on his edd

Lucky mother to five!

November 29th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
My daughter, which I had a hard time with my sugars was, 6 lb 14 oz's (born at 39 weeks and 2 days).. To this day she's a petite little girl.. I think size is mostly due to genetics..

My son, I had awesome control with my sugars, and he was 7 lbs 13 oz's (born at 39 weeks and 2 days). And he too is small, he's in the 5th for height and 10th for weight at his 12 month check up.. Hard to believe I had GD with both of my kids..

I was also on an aggresive insulin sliding scale for my FBS.. aka I was on insulin..

Stay positive and just because you have GD doesn't mean your doomed to have huge kids..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; November 29th, 2010 at 11:15 PM.
December 5th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Super Mommy
My DD was born 3 weeks early to the day, and she was 7lbs 1 oz. I had diet controlled GD. We are TTC for #2 and I plan to eat that way from the very beginning.
SAHM to 4 yr. old sweet girl and 1 year old handsome little man!
JUST starting to think about TTC#3. It will take a lot of courage and prayers!
December 7th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Sparkling Super Mommy
My 1st ds was 9lbs 8oz diagnosed GD at 7mos had bad doctor not really controlled well.
My 2nd dd 5lbs 11oz diagnosed at 6mos insulin controlled/diet
my 3rd dd 6lbs 1oz diagnosed at 5-6mos glyburide/diet
still preg with 4th ds ddc feb 10 diagnosed at 2mos GD and on glyburide/diet hardest preg so far......hope he's not as big as brother...

January 2nd, 2011, 05:49 PM
Amanda_Lynn24's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine was controlled by diet and she was born at 35 weeks 6 days and weighed just 6lbs. She actually got down to 5 lbs 12 ounces.
January 11th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Super Mommy
Diagnosed at 28 weeks, was diet controlled, DD was born 39 weeks, 1 day and weighed 6lbs 10oz.
January 11th, 2011, 03:35 PM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
7lb 4 oz. They induced me because they said she might be big....

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

January 14th, 2011, 08:15 AM
brandaleana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first was born in 1993..7 lbs 8 oz, went straight to NICU because of the GD. I didn't even get to hold her before the rushed her off to check her sugars She came home at 3 days old. My second was born in 1995 at 8 lbs 7.5 oz and I got to hold her briefly before they whisked her away to NICU. She was going to come home at 3 days as well, but she got jaundice and the transferred her from NICU to pediatrics and she came home from the hospital at 5 days old. My third was born in 2004 at 9 lbs 7 oz and he did not have to go to NICU and he came home from the hospital with me when I was discharged! Amazing how technology comes a long way!! I am pregnant with my fourth and my pattern seems to be that each baby is a pound bigger than the last! I don't want a 10 and a half pound baby this time around!
January 15th, 2011, 01:12 AM
For the BTDT GD moms, that had larger babies, was your weight gain also quite signifigant? Or was it normal, yet the baby was still larger?
January 17th, 2011, 12:00 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Well I never have had a really big baby but I didn't have GD with my first or second. Then the two I had GD with were preterm so it's hard to say. Brandon was 5 lbs 8 oz at 33 weeks so I think he would have been big had he gone to term. Lyndsey was 5 lbs 5 oz at 36 weeks so I don't think she'd have been too big. I kept my numbers under good control with her though.
Patty JustMommies Administrator

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search