Crazy

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2010, 10:00 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been having much lower sugar readings the last few days but not too low. At my appt yesterday, my doc mentioned that I had "gone over the hump" that my placenta had matured and I'd likely see better readings. He said to watch for hypoglycemia since I am on glyburide. This whole pregnancy, I can probably count on one hand for sure two the times my fastings have been in normal range. All my other numbers would be good but my fastings a bit high, usually not too bad, but I'd have some here and there that would be too high. The last couple days fastings were 92 and I was impressed but I was shocked this morning when I took it and it was 62! I've never had a fasting that low so I took it again and got 73, still low for me. Then after breakfast with my meds I got a reading of 69. I ate lunch and had just finished and started feeling bad like when my sugar drops and it was 54. So I started trying to get my sugar up and put a call in to the doc. Talked to the oncall doc and he said to take 2.5 twice a day rather than 5mg. I guess I overdid it at lunch because my reading was 141 but I was feeling sooo bad and even when it was up, I felt crummy for awhile. After supper was 89. It's just crazy to me that this is happening. I started testing my sugar as soon as I found out I was expecting and my fastings had already started acting up and now all of a sudden I'm worrying about low blood sugar!
December 7th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Sparkling Super Mommy
you are further along than me, wow right now I wish I was at 35 wks can't wait till this is over. I am glad you are lower, it seems sometimes no matter what we do its not good enough. My docs said lower is better than higher just be careful and have some simple sugars near by. So far i have had some very low reading with gly in the low 40's ---scary

December 7th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my lows happened the last few weeks of pg, I found that eating more protein and fat kept my glucs at a good range, no highs or lows, and they're high calorie, esp at the end when you have no room or desire to eat much

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search