Annoyed w/my high-risk ob

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2011, 08:26 PM
JustLiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So my sugars have been good since a few high ones around week 34, and the ob said they are totally fine. My ultrasound a few weeks ago showed the baby in the 67 th percentile for weight, and my first NST was normal last week. I'm going for the first biophysical profile on Tuesday, and then weekly NST and bpp after that. The reason I'm annoyed is because the ob does not want to clear me for a birthing center birth until my 38th week! And the way the appointment was scheduled, it's actually going to be more like 38 and a half weeks. Why can't they clear me earlier if the bpp is normal? What if I go into labor befor then?! Why do they have to make this so stressful?! Argh! Sorry, just had to vent. Anyone else have this experience?

Thank you Vicki!

January 30th, 2011, 05:06 AM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
UGH!!! I think one of the things last time that really bugged me the most about having GD, was the "catagory" they put me in. It made me feel broken, but my gut and my body was telling me i was fine. Its very frustrating...especially if your numbers are good. Just be preparred for them to NOT let you go past your DD. Id personally try to use all natural mean to get baby moving prior to DD...and that sucks...but its what will most likely happen.

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

January 30th, 2011, 01:05 PM
JustLiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks. Somehow I have a gut feeling that he's not going to wait too much longer. I think I lost my mucus plug today. I know he dropped last week also, so I think he's gearing up. I hope he waits about 2 more weeks, but I want to be cleared before he comes!!

Thank you Vicki!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search