I just learned the hard way...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2011, 04:16 PM
Khara
... that I need to avoid Chinese food! I thought I was being really good too. I had green beans with chicken (no rice!) and crab rangoons. My blood sugar went through the roof! I though how bad could that have been?? Should be little to no carbs in the green beans & chicken right? And the crab rangoons I thought no way they could have many carbs, it's just a little wonton wrapper, some cream cheese and crab.

Well, I looked online and crab rangoons (4 of them, which I had) are 60 carbs!!! Holy cow! I had no idea.....

I really need to find out the nutrition facts BEFORE I eat I guess.

Oh well, lesson learned.
February 1st, 2011, 05:12 PM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
Doh!!!! what was your sugars?

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

February 1st, 2011, 07:04 PM
JustLiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ha ha...yeah, that happened to me with Thai food once. I just had veggie and chicken stir fry with a tiny bit of brown rice. Turns out the "spicy" sauce is basically made of sugar. The chili taste masked how sweet it was. Ugh.

Thank you Vicki!

February 1st, 2011, 07:07 PM
Veteran
Ooops! LOL What were your numbers?
February 1st, 2011, 07:29 PM
I think that time it was 140 at 2 hours. Not the worst I've ever had, but I was so mad because I thought I was being careful!

Thank you Vicki!

February 2nd, 2011, 05:08 AM
Girl if a 140 after 2 hours is not THAT bad. IMO..you are boarderline GD. YOur numbers are great...if your doc doesnt give you the OK to birth the way you want i might have to kick his butt myself.

February 2nd, 2011, 12:57 PM
Khara
Mine were 175 after 1 hour and 189 after 2 hours! Yikes No more crab rangoons for me!
February 2nd, 2011, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bre4thewin View Post
Girl if a 140 after 2 hours is not THAT bad. IMO..you are boarderline GD. YOur numbers are great...if your doc doesnt give you the OK to birth the way you want i might have to kick his butt myself.
Thanks for that. I was having a rough day today. I saw my midwife and explained my frustration about not being cleared until 38 weeks, and she said she would call the dm clinic and find out what was up. Well, they didn't pick up the phone, which they never do, and they didn't answer her message, so she just gave up!! She left me a message saying I should call them again myself. Which I totally will, but I thought it would be better coming from her and having her back me up, you know? Now I'm fighting this all alone again! I thought it was totally lame that she gave up so fast. Isn't she supposed to advocate for me? The other midwife in the practice said they would recommend c-section if he is over 9lbs. ***?!?! That c-section will have to happen over my dead body. I am definitely not using this group again. So tomorrow I have to sit at work and make angry phone calls. I see no earthly reason why I can't be cleared the minute he is full term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishKabob View Post
Mine were 175 after 1 hour and 189 after 2 hours! Yikes No more crab rangoons for me!
Sorry I just hijacked your thread. My highest number to date was after eating an egg salad sandwich on low-carb bread. The whole thing had exactly 20gm carbs in it. So sometimes it's just random fluctuation.

Thank you Vicki!

Last edited by JustLiz; February 2nd, 2011 at 07:15 PM.
February 3rd, 2011, 04:52 AM
First of all....how is it that they can justify cutting you open based on an "estimate" that the ultrasound gives you. its plus or minus 2 lbs in either direction. they did this to me last time...im pretty sure ive ranted before so ill spare you. So they could estimate you are having a 9 lb baby...but really baby is 7. then, add to the fact that your body is completely capable of birthing a 9lb baby. Good grief girl. Stick your ground and tell them to stop scaring you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search