Wow!! This makes my numbers sooo low! (UPDATED: :( )

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2011, 02:51 PM
Veteran
My numbers are always highest after lunch and dinner. Quick solution? I exercise after each meal and before I test. Lately, my numbers have been below 100 for the after lunch and dinner testing!! And that's after one hour!!

Awesome. And that's eating 40-60 carbs per meal.

Just thought I'd share that awesome result with you guys. It really really really helps.

UPDATE: Well, it turns out when my numbers are that low, my ketones shoot up. Crap. I need to find a balance. My ketones were the highest they've ever been this morning (40/Moderate).

Last edited by sophielee; February 3rd, 2011 at 08:21 AM.
February 2nd, 2011, 03:01 PM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

February 2nd, 2011, 03:23 PM
Khara
Yeah exercise, even just a little walking drastically reduced my numbers during my last pregnancy. Unfortunately I honestly don't have a way to exercise during the day with my job but I'm trying to figure out a way because it really does make a huge difference.

My nutritionist put it this way... when you eat your body does make insulin but the muscles will not let it in. She said "insulin knocks but the muscles won't open the door!" So when you excercise it makes the muscles open up and let the insulin in, thus lowering your blood sugar levels. That helped it make sense to me
February 2nd, 2011, 05:08 PM
Veteran
I just had to add these numbers: I haven't gone over 100 once today, and for dinner I had tuna noodle casserole, bread and butter, and an orange. Altogether, over 80 grams of carbs. Previously, my glucose numbers would be over 175 from that. Tonight? No joke: 94.

And that was from 15 minutes on an elliptical.

I feel victorious right now.
February 2nd, 2011, 06:52 PM
JustLiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awesome! Those are great numbers! Congrats!! Now if I could just figure out how to walk in all the ice storms we're having.

Thank you Vicki!

February 7th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ugg, they don't like ketones-I was told to take a short walk after a meal, nothing too insane

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
February 8th, 2011, 06:43 AM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
Eat your carbs lady!!!!! they are brain food for you and baby! Eat them with protein!!!!

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search