Lurkers...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2011, 04:45 AM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
First off even thought ive been given the clear im still going to post...there arent enough posters here and so many questions about GD. I think its important

Who lurks......i know you are out there!!!!!!!

Whats your name?

Why are you lurking?

Any questions?

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

February 4th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Whats your name? Angie

Why are you lurking? Not *really* lurking, I introduced myself in the main forum yesterday, but I'm not posting much as I have very, very little info or anything to share. So I'm here, but mostly feel like I'm lurking anyway. If that makes sense.

Any questions? Way, way too many... I just found out I have GD on Tuesday. I've been given a generalized info sheet of what to eat, and told I have an appointment on Feb. 9th... it seems so far away and I'm struggling with feeling good throughout the day. I'd love to be pointed towards a good resource online, what are some GD sites you might recommended?
February 4th, 2011, 07:05 AM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama.Angie View Post
Whats your name? Angie

Why are you lurking? Not *really* lurking, I introduced myself in the main forum yesterday, but I'm not posting much as I have very, very little info or anything to share. So I'm here, but mostly feel like I'm lurking anyway. If that makes sense.

Any questions? Way, way too many... I just found out I have GD on Tuesday. I've been given a generalized info sheet of what to eat, and told I have an appointment on Feb. 9th... it seems so far away and I'm struggling with feeling good throughout the day. I'd love to be pointed towards a good resource online, what are some GD sites you might recommended?
hmmm. Honestly most of the info i have gotten has been from good ol google, and the ladies here. When i had GD last pregnancy it was very active. Search the threads is a great way to find out info. Until you meet with your dietician be very conscious of your carbs and proteins. Try not to eat carbs with out protein. They balance each other out, and carbs alone will shoot your sugars up! Try to eat frequently and not let your body go too long with out food. Make sure your prenatels have Chromium in them, and Cinnamon once a day helps!

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

February 7th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Angie, I didn't know you got dx with gd already ((hugs))

This is my 2nd pg with gd, first one they dx at 26 weeks, this one they called me gd right at 4 weeks-been on insulin since 5 weeks, and feeling so good b/c of it.

I got all of my info from my internist and the gd teaching clinic here which uses a nurse and a dietician. Btwn the three of those, you will be provided carb counts, gluc parameters, and frequent follow up.

I see my family doc for prenatals every 4 weeks, my internist for my gdm every 2 weeks, then the gd clinic if and when I need them, primarily only for carb counts and initial insulin teaching.
February 8th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Whats your name? My name is Melissa

Why are you lurking? I like to see what's going on here.. Maybe answer some questions or give hope if I can..

Any questions? No questions here.. I'm done having kids..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search