I'm new here...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Mommy to Lil Miss Boss
at least to GD LOL! I'm the co-host of the May 2011 DDC am due May 2011 and just found I have gestational diabetes. I didn't have it with my first, but developed it with this baby. Diabetes runs heavily on my mother's side of the family so I'm no stranger to a low carb lifestyle. In fact before I got preg with this baby, I ate like a diabetic to increase my chances of NOT developing type 2 diabetes.
The tricky part now is finding the right balance of carbs to eat during pregnancy.

Just want to say and introduce myself

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
February 13th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello and welcome!

Unfortunately that is, I'm sure none of us really want to be here, but this has been a pretty supportive group for as long as I've been here, which isn't long, I'm pretty new myself. It's good you have that background knowledge of how diabetes works, hopefully you can manage through the rest of your pregnancy with diet and exercise!
February 13th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Veteran
Hi! Nice to get to know you! I'm still working on that balance, too--trying to get enough fiber, fruits, and calories but not too many carbs. It's a delicate balancing act sometimes!
This is my first GD pregnancy, too, but my third child.
February 13th, 2011, 06:58 PM
JustLiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! This is my first pregnancy, and diabetes runs in my family too, so I wasn't shocked, but a little disappointed to wind up here. I also thought I could avoid it by eating well, but I guess you can't beat the genes. hope we can help u through it.

Thank you Vicki!

February 14th, 2011, 08:00 AM
MrsB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HI! I was just diagnosed last week. Luckily so far my normal diet has kept my numbers below range so it hasn't been to bad, other than poking myself 4x a day. But I'm dreading the day when I have to get strict with my diet watching.

After 2 losses, 2 rounds of fertility testing, 2 laproscopies and a D&C,
7 cycles of Clomid, an HSG and a cycle of Injections we finally received our BFP on August 19th!

Our Miracle John Michael was born April 25th 2011 @ 4:36pm!

February 14th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is my 2nd gd pregnancy, and this one is easier to manage so far-my mom and two sisters had gd, and my mom had type 2 diabetes, so I kind of knew this would be coming, but it still sucks
February 14th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Mommy to Lil Miss Boss
Thanks ladies! Nice to meet you all

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search