Newbie with questions

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2011, 10:50 AM
MrsB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I'm new to all of this so I have a couple questions. I was doing alright until I got sick. Now I'm lost, lol.

Just wondering if Robitussin will raise your blood sugar? I made sure to get alcohol free but I didn't think about sugar free, actually I didn't even know they made it. Or if it's just because I'm sick that my sugar could be higher? I ate the same breakfast today as the last 2 days and my BS was around 90 each previous day, but today is was 130.

Also I just ate some lunch, not much. But I really feel like I could vomit. If I do vomit do I still take my BS at my normal time? And if so do I need to wait till those 2hrs are up to try eating again?

And if my BS is going to be elevated from being sick or the meds is there something I should eat instead to help keep it down? Or could my lack of eating anything substantial cause my BS to be elevated as well?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

After 2 losses, 2 rounds of fertility testing, 2 laproscopies and a D&C,
7 cycles of Clomid, an HSG and a cycle of Injections we finally received our BFP on August 19th!

Our Miracle John Michael was born April 25th 2011 @ 4:36pm!

February 14th, 2011, 12:07 PM
JustLiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear you are sick. One time I had a BS of 157 after eating the same lunch I had the day before with a post-lunch BS of 90 (egg salad sandwich). Later that evening I had a sore throat and cough and wound up with a little cold. I think the inflammation from being sick can raise the blood sugar. I would try to eat whenever you feel up to it to keep your energy up and I wouldn't worry so much about the timing of finger sticks. If you aren't eating on a regular schedule it gets hard to know when to test, so I would just not worry to much about it until you feel better. Definitely don't starve yourself waiting for the 2hrs to be up. As for the vomiting, I would just make a note of it and let your doctor know when they look at your log. It probably doesn't matter whether you check or not - it's not going to be very informative because of being sick. Are you on meds now?

Thank you Vicki!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search