Update on Doc appointments and things....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Regular
So... a few weeks ago I was diagnosed with GD. My numbers were out of the roof, so my doc handed my care over to high risk OB's. And I hate them. I liked my first OB, I picked him for a reason!!!! Anywho, so I go see this new OB and they tell me my numbers are sooo high that they are scared I had it before being preggo. We all know what that means, high risk of deformaties. So I do a H1c something, idk, and apparently it came back normal BUT in the mean time, thanks for scaring me... They also tried putting my on glyboride, yeah didnt work. So now I am taking insulin, and it still isnt helping my fasting numbers or my breakfast numbers. I have tried food after food, and nothing likes my sugars in the morning

Now, I have to go see a cardiologist to do a more intense ultra sound of her heart to make sure it developed okay.

I get them telling me the risks of having GD, but these people make it seem like there actually is something wrong with her. . . ehhh im soo ready for this to be over.
March 8th, 2011, 05:54 AM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
What are your morning fastings anyway? Just curious.... Funny your AIc came back normal...that is a much more accurate test then testing yourself, but with GD it showes up around 26 weeks or so.

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

March 8th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Veteran
I am so sorry you're dealing with that stressful situation. Some doctors have no tact whatsoever.
I'm also curious as to what your numbers typically are...
Excited for #4!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 8th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Regular
My fasting numbers range alot. The lowest ive ever had was only a 97, the highest is somewhere in the 180's. Ive tried getting up to snack in the night, ive tried not snacking in the middle of the night. Ive tried different late night snacks before bed, and NOTHING is helping it. They uped my insulin at night last night, and guess what, it didnt work. Im really to the point where i dont know what to do anymore about them. At first I thought it was something I was eating, but with the amount of different foods and combos I have tried, there is no way..
March 8th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Possibly you arent eating enough druing the day? Lots and lots of Protein? Fastings are really hard. What will work one day wont the next. for me Peanut butter toast and greek yogart before bed worked....and making sure im not going longer the 8-9 hours before testing

March 8th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Regular
What really gets me is, I always wanted to try the greek yogart, but when i went to buy it, it was soooo high in carbs. one day i hope to get this down. thanks everyone for the input
March 8th, 2011, 02:45 PM
BUT its super high in protein so it evens out. Kept my sugars in check way more the regular yogart

March 8th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Regular
thats good to know! Thank you, ive always wanted to try it haha

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search