Small Belly, Big baby

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Regular
Have any moms out there thought their belly was fairly small at full term compared to other moms....and then be surprised to go on and have a large baby

Did you have GD

I have GD, and its been well controlled...........im 39 weeks now, and doc keeps telling me my baby is gonna be big......she says this while manually feeling the outside of my belly...she doesn`t neccessarily say it in a way that is bad, but its starting to freak me out a bit.....i had an ultrasound at around 35 weeks and baby was estimated at 6.5 pounds. I have gained about 8 pounds since then.........,but my belly doesnt seem to be bigger.........and i still get lots of movement........then i hear stories of ladies with really big bellies having 6 pound babies!!!!

any input on this topic is appreciated....
March 11th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Regular
Im a big belly momma. Im only 27 weeks and i look as if im going to pop any day. BUT, my baby is normal size, not too little and not too big for how far along I am.

Now my best friend, she only gained 10 pounds her whole pregnancy (jealous) and her son came out 7lbs. That seems crazy to me that he could fit in there!!
March 11th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Veteran
If your doctor was really concerned, he'd order an ultrasound to get a better idea of the baby's size.
I've always measure normally, but I've had big babies (8'14" and 9'8"). I didn't have GD with the 8 pounder, but I refused the test with the 9 pound baby, so who knows...I could have had it.
This baby seems to be similar: I'm normal sized and measuring normal, but for the first time I'm diagnosed GD. We'll see.....
No need to worry, though--your body can handle a big baby.
Excited for #4!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 19th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Super Mommy
Hey, I'm new to this board, hope you don't mind me chiming in. I'm preggo with #3(only about 8 weeks) but my first two I had GD with. At 37 weeks with my 1st they told me she was big at already around 7lbs. I was never really big compared to a lot of preggos. They told me if I went to term she'd be around 9lbs. I went to 40 wks 6 days and she was an even 7lbs so they way over estimated her size. The midwife with my 2nd told me the day I was due that she was around 7 1/2 just by feeling and she was born 3 days later at 7lb 10oz. Hope the doc is wrong and you have a nice size baby.
March 21st, 2011, 02:58 AM
Regular
Mommytograceandjoy, Thats very re-assuring considering my due date has passed and i am 40+1 now.
How were your blood sugars around the end? Because i have to be honest, ive slacked a bit for the last month on my sugars........not terribly, but definately not as strict as i was during month 5-8....
March 25th, 2011, 02:37 PM
I have a small belly at 38 weeks and just had a sizing U/S Wednesday, and they think baby's perfectly average (around 6 lbs). I don't think there's a ton of correlation, even for GD moms.
April 1st, 2011, 12:31 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
When I was pregnant with my son, they predicted him to be big by U/S measurements.. they said he was 6 lbs at 32 weeks! But my belly always measured right on track, never big.. In the end he was 7 lbs 13 oz's at 39 1/2 weeks..

With my daughter I measured a week ahead.. They too said I would have a big baby due to GD and U/S measurements.. She was a whooping 6 lb 12 oz baby at 39 1/2 weeks..

My BS was well controlled with my son but with my daughter I had a tough time.. My daughter was the smallest and my son was the biggest..

So don't worry to much.. soon you'll be holding your baby in your arms and all this will be far behind you..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; April 1st, 2011 at 12:34 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search