back with nr. 4

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm back with nr. 4.

If you wonder why I write "back" when having created this account only a minute ago, I have to admit I hated the GD so much with the first three that I even managed to forget my login name since the last pregnancy.

I still wonder what made me go for number four, knowing that I'll have to struggle with carbs and numbers and insulin... last time I ended up on 100IE of insulin/day and I fear it won't get any better this time.

Anyway, last time I was here the mere fact that there were others out there fighting to keep their baby healthy meant a lot to me.

I'm 13+0 today so I'll have some weeks until the GD kicks in, but since I had my first doctor's appointment today I felt I would like to reintroduce myself in the hope that there'll be as many friendly souls hanging around this message board as last time I was here.
April 4th, 2011, 07:21 AM
MrsB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome back!

I was diagnosed with GD but have had a fairly easy time managing it thankfully. Since you are still early in the pregnancy maybe a good diet control starting now will help keep GD at bay or under control better.

Good luck...and maybe you will get lucky and not have it this pregnancy!

After 2 losses, 2 rounds of fertility testing, 2 laproscopies and a D&C,
7 cycles of Clomid, an HSG and a cycle of Injections we finally received our BFP on August 19th!

Our Miracle John Michael was born April 25th 2011 @ 4:36pm!

April 5th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had it at 26 wks the first time, this time I started night insulin at 5 weeks and I'm having much better control this time, still needing nothing with meals and I'm now 22 weeks, and I've luckily gained only 13lbs so far. This time might be better if they're watching you earlier
May 31st, 2011, 04:45 AM
The GD has started. Just had an appointment with my lovely dietician and am now in possession of a prescription for insulin, lots of colorful leaflets and a note saying "start with 4IE basal if after lunch numbers are too high several times".

I've been loosely counting carbs for the last two months but did only measure once a week, which felt great, like a normal pregnancy. The odds are that I'll be needing a lot of insulin so I'll probably get a pump and one of these implantable glucose meters in a few weeks. Wonder how that will work.

If anyone has any experiences with such a system, I'd be glad for any input.
May 31st, 2011, 07:02 PM
Hi. Welcome back on here. I am new here and my first time with gd. i was diagnosed at 20 weeks when they ran my A1c and scored a 5.9. That was not a good number i guess. Well, now I am 28 weeks and am on insulin for my fastings and my dietician keeps adding to it every couple of weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search