Possibly Pre-Diabetic Pre-Pregnancy?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2011, 01:20 PM
Hi Everyone! I was looking around for a good forum on GD and I found it here! I'm 23 weeks into my second pregnancy. Had GD with my first, they tested me this time at 16 weeks and I failed the 1 hour glucose. Its definitely making me feel better that there are more women out there with good spirits about their condition My biggest concern this time around is that I was put on glyburide for my morning numbers at 19 weeks, and my OBGYN is sending me for all sorts of tests to make sure my body's functioning in case I was pre-diabetic before this pregnancy. I never had to use meds in my first pregnancy and am very worried because this time around is worse. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Last edited by Haggie23; July 22nd, 2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: grammar
November 2nd, 2011, 03:10 AM
During pregnancy, the presence of high blood sugar levels may cause the foetus to grow larger than it usually would. This can make delivery more complicated and in some instances may provoke the need for a caesarean section.
November 15th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Super Mommy
THis is my 4th pregnancy, and the 2nd and 3rd I had GD. I am only 6 weeks into this pregnancy but I am sure I will Have it again. Last time they tested my blood at 15 weeks and the test were high so I did the glucose tolerance test and I started being monitared at like 22 weeks. I am from Canada so I believe they may do things differently here cause I have never heard of glyburide. Here they do not put us on meds. Just in case one med does not work out, they do not want to have to try and few before finding the right one, so they start you on insulin if it cannot be conrolled by diet alone.
They has also gave me a blood test to see if I was diabetic before pregnancy and all was o.k...
My second chiild that I had GD with was born at 39 weeks and was 8lbs 6 oz and my 3rd child was bore at 37 weeks from cesaren( I also had placenta previa) and she was 6lbs 9 ozs so they were both normal size babies... Hope everything with your GD is o.k...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search