i was really bad today

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Liz_SD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to Liz_SD
and i just couldn't help myself.

my preggo friend at work is leaving to move to NM and we had a big going away lunch for her. we had pick up stix Chinese food catered and i was like a fat kid alone in a candy store!!! i couldn't help myself, it all was sooo yummy and i'm bummed out about her leaving!!! my after lunch bs was 209

please tell me i'm not the only one that has had a moment of weekness!!!

July 29th, 2011, 03:19 PM
No, you aren't the only one! I went to a birthday party a couple of months ago and they had shaved ice and I had a cup. Imagine the pure sugar in that! I decided not to check my blood glucose after that meal because I knew it would be bad, so I commend you for checking yours!
February 22nd, 2012, 04:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
haha....it's quite alright!!! I do the same thing sometimes. And it's actually OKAY!! My GD nurse said, as long as I mark it down for the reason why my level was that high for that meal...haha. It is okay to treat yourself. But just don't do it all the time. Today i gave in to my craving for Lays Ketchup chips!!!!!!
February 23rd, 2012, 11:24 AM
Super Mommy
I have so much trouble cutting out the sugar for my 2nd and 3rd pregnancy I had more will power but this time none....
I ate pancakes the other night for supper and my sugar was 9.5mmol or 171mg/dl
The before bed I had 2 toast with Chocolate spread on it.....it was higher in the same numbers...
I treat myself too many times....
June 29th, 2012, 01:02 PM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
I treat myself too but my numbers still always come back under 120. (usually in the 90's) So that doesn't help with cutting back on treating myself.

August 3rd, 2012, 07:51 AM
Regular
It's normal to feel that way for all woman like us, you are not alone.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search