New Here: Couple questions

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi! This is my 7th pregnancy and 8th child. I have one set of twins. At the 28 week mark, I usually test at the high end of normal. My new Dr. reviewed my charts from my last pregnancy and she said she would have put me on a GD diet based on the chart. So now with this pregnancy I am hoping to attack this issue ahead of time with diet. Do you have any recommended books or sites that can help me understanding the basics. I will be seeing a dietitian, but not for a few weeks do to her vacation schedule.

Baby #3 9lbs 6oz.
Baby #4 9lbs 3oz.
Twins at 37w3d 6lbs 14oz, 7lbs 11oz.
Baby #7 10lbs 11oz (something was definitely going on here and sadly I didn't get my VBAC because she was too big, but I made it to 9cm dilated.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
August 10th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Super Mommy
I'm a lurker but thought I'd chime in here. I don't have any specific sites of books to recommend but this is basically what my nutritionist recommends as long as your body can handle it. Eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day (between breakfast and lunch, lunch and dinner, and before bed). The meals should consist of approx. 45g of carbs and snacks 30g. It's best to eat protein each time you have a carb (meat, nuts, hard cheeses, etc.). The carbs should be complex (whole wheat, fruit, higher carb veggies [carrots, peas, corn, potatoes]. Cut out simple sugars and white breads. And when at all possible, exercise (at least 15-20 minutes).

This is my third pregnancy with GD (first on insulin) and it's tough at times, but it's worth it when your baby is born healthy. Plus, the added benefit is you're less likely to have a lot of weight to lose after the baby.

Good luck and congrats on this new little one!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search