Anyone else have only "mild" GD?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was told by my OB that I have only a mild case of GD, and to just do my best with the diet thing. Anyone else have it mild as well? As of to date, my baby is still weighing in the NORMAL range. I am having this baby on april 11 via c-section. 6 more weeks to go!!!!
February 25th, 2012, 01:18 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
My doc calls it borderline, as I failed the 2 hour test by only 1 point on the one hour draw. Sigh.

I'm still waiting for my meter (for the prescription so I don't have to pay), so I have no idea how my normal numbers are. I've been watching things, though! Mornings are hardest. I LOVE my cereal! Sigh.

I have about 10-11 weeks to go. Doesn't seem so bad, really I guess, though, if my meter numbers come back really whacked out, I'll be singing a different tune.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
March 1st, 2012, 07:40 AM
Veteran
I had it mild, but no doctor ever told me that or took it into consideration. I think out of the approximately 300 times I tested (4 times a day, 7 days a week, about 11 weeks), I was only above my target 4 times. And Susie was born at 41 weeks at 7lbs 12 ounces.

But that didn't stop my docs from worrying and inducing me 3 times over the span of a week until my water trickled and they suggested a c-section because I never went into labor. I'm just a tad bitter that they scared me so much about going past 40 weeks, when if I wasn't gestational diabetic 40 weeks would have come and gone without an induction.

January 24th, 2013, 07:50 PM
My labs came back showing high glucose levels. However, the weird thing is I wasn't diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes. I was diagnosed with Glucose Intolerance and sent to a nutritionist.

I guess you could call my diagnosis mild.My labs came back showing high glucose levels. However, the weird thing is I wasn't diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes. I was diagnosed with Glucose Intolerance and sent to a nutritionist.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search