Can a diagnosis of gestational diabetes be wrong and reversed?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2012, 12:57 PM
I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes in my 9th week because of a combination of family history and a fasting number of 103. After being told that I'm not eating enough and I should have a snack 10 hours before testing my fasting number, I think I wasn't given the information to have an accurate diagnosis. I have been testing my numbers with the glucometer for 2 weeks, 4 times a day as I have been required and consistently, my fasting number has been in the 80s and I am within normal range after all meals (even after pancakes for breakfast and pizza for dinner). I don't think I have gestational diabetes. When I took my 8am hospital fasting number, I hadn't eaten since 6pm the night before so that could have given the wrong reading because my liver was producing the sugar. What can I do? Testing my blood so many times a day is just an inconvenience that I don't need right now.
June 27th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats on your pregnancy.....
I would ask your Dr. to re-do the glucose test....Having to pick yourself that many times a day is a real pain...This is my 4th pregnancy, and my 3rd one with Gestational Diabetes and on Insulin....I have been on insulin since week 17 with this one...If you do not need to be picking yourself 4 times a day all the better....
Tell your Dr. about the situation, and that your numbers are excellent, and you would like to have the Glucose Test re-done...
Good luck...Hope it comes back fine so you do not have to check your sugar levels...It makes for a very LONG pregnancy when you have to do that....
June 29th, 2012, 12:49 PM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
You sound like me. I got diagnosed with my last pregnancy at 16 weeks because my hour test came back at 280. Of course I spend the entire pregnancy pricking my finger 4 times a day. (The last 10 weeks they let me back off to twice a day since my numbers were always perfect.) No matter what I eat my numbers are fine. Its rather annoying. This time I was diagnosed at 18 weeks because my 1 hour test came back at 212. Same thing all over again. Testing again 4 times a day. No matter what I eat my numbers are good. Heck I had Mcdonalds, medium fries, burger, and a big ol' coke and my number was 87. It gets annoying having to prick my finger. I am hoping they will let me do twice a day sooner. I didn't mind the twice a day as much.

August 3rd, 2012, 07:54 AM
Regular
You don't need to avoid eating. A pregnant woman should eat. You should have balance diet so your blood sugar is always at the normal level.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search