I cheated...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2007, 06:00 AM
sunshinealyssamichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sunshinealyssamichelle
I have been following my diet pretty well. I've had some issues with food at night time because I'm used to getting up and eating a little something about three o'clock. Well, my fasting blood sugar is usually a little higher than it should be....around 105 or a little less. This morning it was 111 and my 2 hour after breakfast test came back with a whopping 146. I was frustrated, so I had a fudge round. I feel horrible. I totally should not have done that.

Does anyone else have any cravings that you have caved in for? I do feel absolutely horrible, so I will try to get back on the straight and arrow. Ugh. This diet is so difficult sometimes.

This morning for breakfast I had two slices of white toast, 2 egg whites with less than a tbsp of salsa, and 1 tbsp of margarine. I also had my coffee with my sweetner in it, but up until this morning, my sweetner didn't interfere with my sugars.

Oh, and then when I saw my 146 on my glucometer (two hours after my breakfast), that's when I caved in. I was frustrated because I try to follow the diet and it's so difficult sometimes. And, the fudge rounds were taunting me. (I know, not a good excuse). Anyway.....just wanted to say hi.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't even introduce myself. My name is Alyssa, 25 years old from Southern Illinois (about ten minutes from St. Louis, MO). I have a nineteen month old son and am expecting our daughter Alexandria in late August/early September. I failed my 3 hour glucose test two weeks ago. I had g.d. when I was pregnant with Ethan and now have it with Lexi.

Alyssa, Mom to:
Ethan, November 6, 2005
Lexi, August 20, 2007

June 19th, 2007, 07:49 AM
kimita's Avatar Veteran
I don't know what a fudge round is, but it sounds good! I am sorry to hear that the cravings won, but don't beat youself up about it. Think of it more as a lesson. I am new to this GD thing and am learning each day where my limit is. When I have a craving for chocolate, I eat 5 m and m's and just let them melt in mouth so I can really enjoy them. I have more issues with salty stuff....like chips! I also get hungry at night...but my kitchen is downstairs and the thought of walking back upstairs is enough to make me deal with being hungry. I run out of breath so easily! Plus I don't want to fall in case I am too sleepy.

Anyways, thanks for sharing your vent....it makes it easier to know that others are struggling with food choices as well!

Kim
June 19th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
You know .... you are only human and things like that happen. (read yes i do it all the time)

Try harder feel less guilty.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
June 19th, 2007, 10:42 AM
~Carissa~'s Avatar SAHMommy to Wyatt!
Send a message via AIM to ~Carissa~
I have definitely caved in a few time and eaten things
I shouldn't have. I had chocolate icecream yesterday
and my levels 2 hours later were like 84. I was so happy
that I didn't completely mess my levels up. However,
this morning I had cereal bc my fasting level was 62...
I was trying to get it up some...and then 2 hours after
my cereal it was 119!!!! Grrr! This diet is frustrating, but
all we can do is try our best.

June 20th, 2007, 02:39 AM
chantellnp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to chantellnp Send a message via Yahoo to chantellnp
I have to fight the orange juice craving every morning.
I doubt it was the sweetener. For me it would be the white toast. I was told absolutely no white bread at all. Any processed flour products send my blood sugars through the roof.

June 21st, 2007, 09:37 AM
*Jill*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i will admit i gave in alot at the end but wade is okay and so am i

</div>
June 22nd, 2007, 02:38 PM
Katie2279's Avatar Regular
Quote:
i will admit i gave in alot at the end but wade is okay and so am i[/b]
High Jill,
I caved in a lot with pg #1 dont be to hard on yourself.

I am from centeral IL about 2 1/2 hours from St. Louis. I have family in Southern IL
#2 EDD 1/30/08

June 22nd, 2007, 08:39 PM
don't beat yourself up too much...i am sure we've all cheated at dieting at one time or another.
June 26th, 2007, 07:30 AM
AndoriaC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I cheated really bad on Saturday.. we went out for our anniversary, and I just really wanted to enjoy a nice meal without thinking about the stupid GD. So I had a hot turkey sandwhich (I requested it on wheat bread though, so I was kinda good there) and fries with gravy.. Iced Tea to drink (sweetened with equal, so I was kinda good here, too).

Then came dessert.......

And the restaurant had Turtle Cheesecake.....

Chocolate graham crust, pecans, hot fudge and carmel drizzled all over the thing!

Yep. I ate it. It was yummy! And surprisingly, my 2 hour level was only 148!! I thought it would be much worse!

Click For My Digital Scrapbook Blog</div>
July 6th, 2007, 12:55 PM
sunshinealyssamichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sunshinealyssamichelle
Well, I am suppose to have one 8 ounce glass of milk at lunch. I forgot it so someone from work went to the store and brought me back some whole milk. I drank it and I had too much of it. My hour level was 206!!! Ugh. So, I know that I can't have whole milk and extra, at that. OH well. I'll get it back down again. Sooooo frustrating!

Alyssa, Mom to:
Ethan, November 6, 2005
Lexi, August 20, 2007

July 7th, 2007, 06:24 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
I can only drink whole milk so I avoid all milk

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: