Glucose Levels

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2007, 08:43 PM
does anyone know where i can find glucose levels to target where i should be?

i just started testing my blood for glucose levels and my results are:

fasting: 86 / 69 / 75

1 hr after breaksfast: 112 / 133 / 103

1 hr after lunch: 112 / 79/ 113

1 hr after dinner: 125 / 81 / 114

i haven't altered my diet too much. i am drinking less juice, but instead i am making smooties from fresh fruit and adding protein powder and eating less white bread.
June 23rd, 2007, 04:44 AM
bunnershunny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The numbers I see most often are:
Fasting less than 95
1hr after meal less than 140
2hr after meal less than 120

So your numbers look very good to me! Good work

</div>
June 23rd, 2007, 08:30 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
The look ok to me

you may want to not get it as high as 133
but the rest of your values are in the normal and safe range

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
June 23rd, 2007, 01:07 PM
yeah, the 133 i think was because i ate a giant bran muffin...i decided to not eat them because it was kind of dry and hard to eat so now eating whole grain toast for breakfast with a yogurt smoothie and my numbers have stayed dow.
June 23rd, 2007, 01:34 PM
i found this:

http://health.yahoo.com/ency/healthwise/aa135726

Quote:
The American Diabetes Association (ADA) recommends that you keep your blood sugar levels at:

80 mg/dL to 120 mg/dL before meals and 100 mg/dL to 140 mg/dL at bedtime when using a blood sample drawn from a vein (a whole-blood sample).

90 mg/dL to 130 mg/dL before meals and 110 mg/dL to 150 mg/dL at bedtime when using a blood sample drawn from a fingertip (plasma blood sample).

Less than 180 mg/dL one to two hours after meals

The ADA recommends that when a woman with diabetes is trying to become pregnant, her target blood sugar level range should be a little lower than that for other people with diabetes.

Between 70 mg/dL and 100 mg/dL before meals when a whole blood sample is used and between 80 mg/dL and 110 mg/dL when a plasma blood sample is used

Less than 140 mg/dL two hours after meals when a whole blood sample is used and less than 155 mg/dL when a plasma blood sample is used[/b]

http://www.nichd.nih.gov/publications/pubs...abetes/sub4.cfm

Quote:
How do I know that I'm doing it right?

Even though your glucose level changes during the day, there is a healthy range for these levels. The goal is to keep your glucose level within this range. The following chart shows the healthy "target" range for each time you test.

HEALTHY TARGET RANGE FOR GLUCOSE LEVELS 2, 3
Time of Blood Sugar Test Healthy Target Levels (in mg/dl)*
Fasting glucose level No higher than 95
One hour after eating No higher than 140
Two hours after eating No higher than 120[/b]
June 23rd, 2007, 04:59 PM
chantellnp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to chantellnp Send a message via Yahoo to chantellnp
Those look pretty good Tammy. My parameters are less than 95 fasting and less than 130 1 hour after meals. Looks like your not going to have too hard of a time controlling your blood sugars.

June 23rd, 2007, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Those look pretty good Tammy. My parameters are less than 95 fasting and less than 130 1 hour after meals. Looks like your not going to have too hard of a time controlling your blood sugars.[/b]
hi chantall,

yeah, i mostly cut out the juice which has helped alot and i am not eating excessive amounts of cancy/junk.

the day before my 3 hour GT i didnt know i was supposed to watch my diet and got a dozen krispy kreme and ate 6 of them. bad.
June 23rd, 2007, 07:42 PM
chantellnp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to chantellnp Send a message via Yahoo to chantellnp
My doc told me to eat normally before any of the testing. She said they want an accurate reflection of you blood sugars with what you normally eat.

June 24th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Quote:
does anyone know where i can find glucose levels to target where i should be?

i just started testing my blood for glucose levels and my results are:

fasting: 86 / 69 / 75

1 hr after breaksfast: 112 / 133 / 103

1 hr after lunch: 112 / 79/ 113

1 hr after dinner: 125 / 81 / 114

i haven't altered my diet too much. i am drinking less juice, but instead i am making smooties from fresh fruit and adding protein powder and eating less white bread.[/b]
What did your doctor put your levels at? I would think he knows you best and is best able to set your goals. I am finding that pregnant with GD goals are lower than the normal person with diabetes and even a variation with goals for those mommies with GD. Your numbers look good and are within my goals anyway. WIsh I had your fasting levels!!

C-Sec scheduled for August 8th!!

<span style="font-family:Century Gothic">"How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers." ~Bl. Teresa of Calcutta </span>
June 24th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Quote:
What did your doctor put your levels at? I would think he knows you best and is best able to set your goals. I am finding that pregnant with GD goals are lower than the normal person with diabetes and even a variation with goals for those mommies with GD. Your numbers look good and are within my goals anyway. WIsh I had your fasting levels!![/b]
well i had an appointment with my dietician to go over these numbers on friday morning but i had to cancel the appointment so i dont have another appointment set until thursday...
June 25th, 2007, 04:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My fasting BS is to be under 95 and an hour after each meal it's to be under 130.

</div>
June 26th, 2007, 07:40 AM
AndoriaC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Between 70 mg/dL and 100 mg/dL before meals when a whole blood sample is used and between 80 mg/dL and 110 mg/dL when a plasma blood sample is used

Less than 140 mg/dL two hours after meals when a whole blood sample is used and less than 155 mg/dL when a plasma blood sample is used[/b]
This is what I was told should be my target range.. 80 to 100 fasting, and below 140 for 2 hours after a meal.

Click For My Digital Scrapbook Blog</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search