Always Hungry...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Melissa02909's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Melissa02909 Send a message via Yahoo to Melissa02909
HI! I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes about a month ago and have been sticking to my diet. However, I find myself to always be hungry. I never feel full and the hunger pains are so bad they are distracting. I have gained 10 pounds (give or take 2-3 pound) with my pregnancy so far. I have been worried if I gain to much weight the doctors will be nasty to me and say awful things because of the gestational diabetes.

I am a bit overweight....I don't know if this is why I am always so hungry. I mean I have gone to eating 3 fairly normal meals a day to eating five small ones on a 2000 calorie diet. I also appear to be losing weight. My face is really thin and my arms are also getting smaller. I have noticed I have also lost weight around my middle.

Please help!

Melissa

June 30th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Super Mommy
I was always hungry too. I think in my first month on the GD diet I lost 7lbs. I was told I could have protein between meals & snacks. If you're hungry try a piece of string cheese. Pickles are carb free so enjoy those anytime. Also, my Dr. told me I could have chicken brooth anytime. I know those don't sound great when you're really hungry but just remember it doesn't last forever and it's best for your little one. If you're worried about the weight loss try 2% milk instead of skim and add butter to stuff. Good Luck!!!

I was so scared to have GD but I had a 7lbs healthy baby and was able to have pancakes in the hospital the morning after he was born!
June 30th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
always being hungry is a symptom of diabetes. You know you can have as many non carb'd veggies as you want with out worry of gaining. Water also fills you up quite nicely.mushrooms, celery, lettuce all good and all free eating.Carrots etc are good too but there are carb values in them. Did you know that the hunger will disappate once your sugar values are in the normal range?

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
June 30th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Melissa02909's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Melissa02909 Send a message via Yahoo to Melissa02909
Thanks, ladies. I am slowly learning about gestational diabetes. I have taken the required class at Celebration Hospital, where I will give birth. However, the dietician did not give us a lot of information except on portion sizes. She was supposed to call us last week and check in with us and make adjustments to our diets. However, she has failed to call. I will be calling next week to speak with her to ask a few questions. I am happy that I have people whom I can trust to answer my questions. Thanks for your knowledge!

You all ROCK!

Melissa

June 30th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
In Montreal, they expect you to show up once a week for a good poking, prodding, nst, dietician and endo visit all in a single clinic. Along with that you get an ultrasound every two weeks too.

Its important to be followed by a dietician.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
June 30th, 2007, 05:25 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Quote:
HI! I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes about a month ago and have been sticking to my diet. However, I find myself to always be hungry. I never feel full and the hunger pains are so bad they are distracting. I have gained 10 pounds (give or take 2-3 pound) with my pregnancy so far. I have been worried if I gain to much weight the doctors will be nasty to me and say awful things because of the gestational diabetes.

I am a bit overweight....I don't know if this is why I am always so hungry. I mean I have gone to eating 3 fairly normal meals a day to eating five small ones on a 2000 calorie diet. I also appear to be losing weight. My face is really thin and my arms are also getting smaller. I have noticed I have also lost weight around my middle.

Please help!

Melissa[/b]
The reason you are hungry is because on the GD diet you eat more often, so your metabolisim gets sped up, your burning it faster...which often causes you to gain LESS weight, so don't stress over that. My son is not yet 4 weeks old, and I'm already back to my pre-pregnancy weight, actually below...now I'm going for my REAL pre-pregnancy weight. I gained a ton of weight in my pregnancy with my daughter, I did not have GD that time.

July 2nd, 2007, 01:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My nutritionist said I have to eat 3 small meals and 3-4 snacks per day(in between meals, snacks goes). I can have upto 3 cups of raw veggies (that makes 1 carb) in any meals for free! Yes, you do not have to count it. Try doing that at your snack time or lunch time and see if that helps.

The weight gain is a concern for my Doc too, I am also fluctuating in weight, not gaining enough (gained around 10-12 pounds so far). My doc said it is ok as long as I do not gain too much weight she is fine with it! So, don’t worry much about the weight gain. My face also looks a lot thinner that people have started noticing it! As I am vegetarian by diet, my doctor suggested me to eat eggs, it helps gain weight she said!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search