May Be back here in a couple months!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2007, 01:01 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
Dh and I are going to start TTC #2 here in a few months (we are still unsure of a date but right now its looking like Oct-Dec my IUD will come out). Any Idea's on what I should do now to help keep my GD under controll the next time so I wont end up on Insulin again? I'm trying to loose some weight, I know that will help alot, I've lost around 4lbs in the last month and a half or so, not much but its a start, and im trying to drink more water..

July 3rd, 2007, 10:55 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
You can't really prevent gestational diabetes. Why? Because what causes it is basically your HcG your producing is telling your pancreas to take a holiday.

But what you can do for yourself is lower your refined sugar intake and eat a healthy diet.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
July 3rd, 2007, 02:44 PM
I know I can't prevent the GD I just don't want the Insulin like last time, I didn't have GD bad it was just my morning levels were slightly too high after eating breakfast, I just want to start now so its easier to control when I get pregnant

July 3rd, 2007, 05:19 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
what all did you have for breakfast before. I found that a single slice of toast with a tbsp of peanut butter on it and a half glass of milk gave me a good sugar. Then at snack time 2.5 hours later I could have anything I liked.

How much did your baby weigh at birth may I ask?

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
July 7th, 2007, 12:33 AM
He was 7lbs 9oz(the u/s said over 9lbs so they induced me at 39weeks 5days, but i also had PIH).

I would eat Eggs, The peanut butter and toast, sometimes just peanut butter, Potatoes and Eggs, A small bowl of cereal and peanut butter on a spoon, I even at a roast beef sandwich and my BS was over (from what i remember, its been a year now) 160 2 hours later, I would have been scared to test sooner(my doc's and dietitian said to test 1.5-2hours after a meal)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search