Question for you ladies..

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gestational Diabetes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2007, 04:19 PM
klfc28
I have not been diagnosed with GD and have yet to even take my test for it. I think I am suppose to take it in 3 weeks or something.

But I have been having some odd things going on and it has me a little worried. So I thought I would ask you ladies your thoughts...

In mid-May I had to have blood drawn before I had surgery to test for some things. I had it done early in the morning and all I had was a little bit of orange juice ahead of time - my sugar level was in the low 60s. I was 16 weeks pregnant during this time.

When I checked into the hospital on May 22nd, they checked my sugar levels and hooked me up to an IV early because I had not had anything to drink or eat in well over 12 hours (was suppose to stop at midnight but I stopped before 10pm). I was really dehydrated hence the IV. My sugar levels were around 77.

Those are in the normal range but on the lower side of that range.

I am now 23.5 weeks pregnant.

For almost 2 weeks, I have had frequent recurring headaches every day. No matter how much water I have had or not had. They only last 5-10 minutes so not long enough to take anything. I get the worst one in the morning before I am even barely awake and even sat up. And they come randomly during the day, no set trigger or pattern that I have been able to tell.

The past few days I have noticed that on occasion my urine is really sweet smelling and its really strong where I can even smell it from standing up.

I also had a case of vertigo at 18/19 weeks. where it felt as if I was spinning.

Last night I had 3 major dizzy spells that came back to back. This time it felt like everything else was spinning - so I know it was different than the vertigo incident. I was sitting on the couch with my feet up when this happened. I had just eaten about an hour ahead of time and just finished a bottle of water. I even had a floor fan on along with the ac, so it wasn't from being too hot.

And I am going to the bathroom a whole lot. Sometimes every 10-20 minutes, course I have been trying to drink more water to make sure none of this is related to dehydration. My doc says I should be drinking 4 liters of water a day, but I just can't do that. Before getting pregnant I never drank water, ever. So my 16 - 40 ozs I do get down is a lot for me on top of the other fluids I drink to give myself a break from water. So far today I have had 3 16oz bottles of water and have had 1 headache.

I am just not sure if all this is something I should be worried about or not. Maybe its just normal pregnancy things. I just get overly nervous because of the surgery I had. I had a full exploratory laparotomy at 17 weeks to remove an almost 10 pound ovarian cyst. So I have a 12 inch incision done the middle of my abdomen. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
July 7th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
I am thinking you should with these symptom ask to be tested sooner as well as redo your diet.

Avoid all refined sugar and avoid fat.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search