Mollie Mae's Birth Day!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By mamaginger

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2013, 12:36 AM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went in the night of Jan 7th for cervix ripening. I had Cytotec. Despite all the online drama about it, everything was quite uneventful. It thinned my cervix some but no dilation even by the next morning. I didn't sleep at all that night purely from all the monitoring. When 7:00 finally rolled around, they started Pitocin. I had the Penicillin in my iv and it did burn horribly but only for about 15-20 seconds each time a new bag finished.

I don't remember exact times or details after the Pitocin.. All I know is It seemed to take forever to dilate at all and then once I did it went really fast. They gave me Demerol for pain until I got closer to delivery (waiting for epi). That stuff literally made the room spin. I had to keep my eyes closed. At some point later in the afternoon I was in so much pain I was literally climbing the bed rails. It just happened so fast. I still don't think I ever had a contraction the way I imagined it....like this harsh tightening of my belly. It was more like period cramps from you know where. My poor hubby was crying and praying over me every time i had a contraction. I couldnt see him but he was behind me and I could hear him crying and praying.

The anesthesiologist came in to do the epi and I was begging him to wait til the pain stopped before he started poking me but contractions were so close together he just ignored me...and I'm glad. The pain stopped after a few mins and then we waited. Idk what time that was but I started pushing at 5:00pm. I had really thought this 2nd birth would've been faster and easier but it was the opposite. I pushed for a solid hour. I wasn't feeling the painful contractions but I WAS feeling horrible pressure in my bottom. To have that head stuck down there, pushing on your bottom for an hour is almost unbearable. I had to just mentally talk myself through it. The dr even offered to se the vacuum at one point but I refused. I also ended up with a fever toward the end and had to have iv tylenol. Then i had to have oxygen too.

Oh...side-note...the L&D nurse turned out to be my across the street neighbor! She got married and moved out a couple years ago but her family still lives there. She was really good.

Anyway...at 6:02 Mollie was born! I def felt the most relieving feeling when she came out. They laid her on towel up on my chest right away. It was an awesome moment. Hubby cried some more....lol. They never took her from the room. Bath and everything was done right beside me. She weighed 8 lbs 1 oz. and was 21 & 1/4 inches. I did have a second degree tear so I got all stitched up from that.

The night nurse came in and helped me get Mollie latched on to breastfeed for the first time. She didn't have a great latch but she nursed good. Just our parents and my sister came that night. We were exhausted and a little traumatized! We basically stayed up all night again, taking turns holding her. I slept some the next day. She had a rough second day...cried a lot...tons of gas.

We actually got to go home Thursday (had her Tuesday). My BP and swelling was worse but dr. said. that was to be expected. She ended up losing a pound two days after discharge. My milk still hadn't come in and I had to supplement formula for a day. My milk came in the day after that...with a vengeance. I had to pump to relieve the pressure. We've calmed down in the breastfeeding arena and after two weeks, she's gained all her weight back plus 2 oz. Overall...I'm so happy she's finally here and she is doing great!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

January 25th, 2013, 02:03 AM
Expecting #1
Aww, congrats on your sweet little girl. Sounds like the Demerol was scary! Glad you were able to get that epi though. Thanks for sharing your story!!

January 25th, 2013, 10:00 AM
MelibearMom's Avatar Melissa--expecting #4!!
That sounds horrible, but I'm glad it all turned out alright in the end! I must have had the demerol last time too (not sure what they gave me for pain). I remember it made me really sleepy, but also VERY dizzy, so I had to keep my eyes closed.

Hailey Marie 1-29-13 8lbs. 1 oz.
January 25th, 2013, 10:13 AM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your beautiful baby girl

January 26th, 2013, 05:49 PM
LisaKiara's Avatar Member
Your baby girl is so cute, congratulations!

SOON, WE WILL START TTC!
February 3rd, 2013, 08:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! She is beautiful.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
February 17th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats to you! She's precious!

and introducing Julia Pearl
February 18th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations!!!