Karina's birth story kinda long!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By cutebee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2013, 07:15 PM
cutebee's Avatar Veteran
Our birth story begins on Friday January 18th, we arrived at the hospital at 9am to start the induction process, but during the NST little Karinaís heart rate wouldnít accelerate and so after 3 hours of monitoring they scheduled an ultrasound for 3 that afternoon. In the ultrasound they found that there was hardly any amniotic fluid left so they decided start the cooks catheter for ripening and keep us over night.

The next morning the cooks catheter came out and unfortunately I was only dilated 1 cm (turns out it was put in the wrong spot or something), my OB came in at 8 and put another one in (ouch) and started the oxytocin drip, by 9 I was having full blown contractions with only a minute or so in-between. I lasted till 12 and then decided that since I had no idea how long I would be in labour I needed the epidural. After that things were much better. At 6 pm my OB removed the catheter and I was 4cm. They decided to keep me on the drip and see if I would progress more. At midnight I was still no further dilated so they decided 2 more hours and if no progress we would go to C-section. Well 2am came on Jan 20 and still no progression (baby Karina was very stubborn). So off to C-section, turns out her head was at an odd angle and was not pressing again my cervix hence why we werenít dilating. Karina came out a healthy 8 lbs. 5 oz. Unfortunately she didnít cry right away and there were some concerns with meconium so she was whisked off to the NICU. Later on she also had low blood sugar so she was there till Tuesday afternoon.

We were sent home afternoon and she is doing great, after her initial weight loss she is back up to 8 Lbs. 1 oz. Iím having a rough time not doing anything and Iíve managed to pop my stitches twice plus get an infection in my incision. But we are doing our best to adjust with our new family.

MammaWannaBe and mamaginger like this.

[IMG][/IMG]
January 25th, 2013, 07:54 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
Awww! I love that picture of you holding her! You look so in love! Congrats!

January 26th, 2013, 04:58 AM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad she's here and doing better. Love the pics!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

January 26th, 2013, 10:11 AM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
love the pics!!! you both are beautiful!

January 28th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Expecting #1
She is a cutie! Thanks for sharing your story! Rest up and hopefully you will recover quickly!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search