Hailey Marie's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By MelibearMom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2013, 11:29 AM
MelibearMom's Avatar Melissa--expecting #4!!
On Monday the 28th at 8pm DH and I went to the hospital to be induced. I got so nervous! My first nurse was brand new, "just finished orientation," so she had another nurse helping her. That completely freaked my out! It took her a while to get the IV in, but it wasn't too bad. By 9pm contractions had started. I was already a 3 and 75% effaced and the doctor came to break my water. DH and I started discussing names and while he was looking at my list he saw "Hailey Grace." He started making fun of it and said it sounded like a name of someone in a southern church. So then he started saying it all funny. It was HILARIOUS, but every time I laughed more water would gush out! So, that name was crossed off, lol.

Around 11 I got a new nurse, who was AWESOME!! She convinced me to get the epidural (I knew I would, but they always go wrong for me so I was super nervous). The anesthesiologist was an Indian guy who didn't talk much, but the nurse was great at telling him how nervous I was and helping me feel better. While he put it in I squeezed DH's hand and she talked to me to try to distract me. I was still a wuss, but it definitely helped!! Poor DH had fingernail marks in his hand! (I have acrylic nails) He said one was so red that he thought it was bleeding! LOL, that's the price he pays for my labor! After that was in I felt so much better, but since I had been so anxious over it I ended up shaking really bad for the next hour. The awesome nurse stayed there and talked to us for an hour! Just chit chat. It was really great and helped calm my nerves.

Around midnight DH and I tried to sleep a little, but every 45 min. a stupid alarm would go off. A bit later my next nurse came to turn me to my other side, I was 8cm. As soon as she did I felt so much pressure like I needed to poop! All my other epidurals made me completely numb, but with this one I just felt tingly, so it was weird to have all this pressure. I waited a while, probably 30 min, and then told her about it so she checked me and I was complete! I was a little bummed cause I wanted to rest more and not get to pushing, lol. I figured pushing would take a while since she was my biggest baby. Once my doctor got there we were ready to go! While the pressure did hurt some, it was nice to be able to feel that urge. DH said he could tell I was pushing much better than I ever did with the other kids. Between contractions my doctor sat there with his fingers stretching me!! OUCH! But, within 3 contractions she was born!! It was amazing! They put her right on my chest for skin to skin (never done that) and I loved it! Hailey loved it too! She weighed 8lbs. 1 oz. and was 19 1/2 in. long. I only had a 1st degree tear, which is the smallest for me! Go figure, with my biggest baby. They left us alone for a long time and it was nice just to be together. DH was worried I wouldn't bond with her (since I had so many issues bonding with DD1) so he kept letting me hold her. It was so sweet, but I was like, "you need to hold her too!"

When it was time to go to the recovery room they put me in a wheelchair (which was weird, I've always been wheeled in the bed, probably cause I had no feeling in my legs). The nurse pushing me ran into a chair, my bed, and a wall, lol. It was pretty funny. She needs driving lessons!

I had a great labor experience and felt so good after! I'm so glad it all turned out well. Now we are adjust to life at home. It's always tough for me the first few weeks. I get really anxious about sleeping and not being able to soothe her crying. So far, it's not too bad. My kids love her to death! DS2 took a little while to warm up to her, but now he loves to give her kisses on her head. DD1's teacher said she has been glowing all week.

Going Home

Proud sister!

Photo bombed by proud big brother, lol.

Hailey Marie 1-29-13 8lbs. 1 oz.
February 2nd, 2013, 01:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
she is lovely!! such beautiful lips!!!!

~~terre~~
February 2nd, 2013, 02:05 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
omg she is beautiful!!!!! Im glad you had a wonderful experience

February 2nd, 2013, 07:35 PM
Expecting #1
I'm glad you had such a great experience. Love the pictures and her going home outfit was adorable!!!

February 17th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sweet! Congrats! I'm glad everything went so well!

and introducing Julia Pearl

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search