Charlotte Caroline's Birth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JoyandNumberFive

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2013, 09:11 AM
JoyandNumberFive's Avatar Super Mommy
I was 40 weeks plus 5 days on February 12th, 2013 when I went to the hospital for my induction. I did not want an induction but my blood pressure was getting higher and higher and the doctor felt it was time so we rolled with it.

We had to be at the hospital at 4:30AM for the induction. We got there and got an IV started. The pitocin was started at 6AM. I started feeling some slight cramping but nothing major. The doctor came in and broke my water around 7:30AM.

By 9 or 9:30 I was having to take some deep breaths through the contractions but still nothing major. By 10:00 the contractions were getting intense and I was second guessing my decision to go natural. I told my husband "I don't think I want to feel this. I've had 3 natural births, I know what it feels like and I don't want to feel this" I told the nurse and she turned up my IV b/c they had to get a whole bag of fluid in me before I could have an epidural. At this point I was becoming desperate and kind of crying/whining loudly during contractions .The extra fluid made me have to pee so I got up and went. About 10 minutes later the nurse suggested I go pee once more before the epidural got placed so I got up and went. Afterward I was making my way out of the bathroom and the baby was coming out. I yelled to the nurse that baby was coming.

The nurse and my husband rushed me back to the bed and about a half dozen nurses came rushing in. They kept telling me to relax and not push the baby out but there was no stopping the baby. She was coming out so the nurses went ahead and delivered her! She was born at 10:59AM.

The doctor came in about 5 minutes after the baby was born and checked me over-I didn't tear or anything which is a first that I was very excited about! The doctor delivered the placenta and everything has been smooth sailing.

If we have any more children my husband said when I start begging for an epidural he's going to tell them to just get the doctor because the baby is coming. It's funny because about 15 minutes before I delivered the nurse checked me and I was dilated to a tight 3 so I went from 3 to 10 and baby crowning in about 15 minutes.

I have to say it was a pretty amazing birth but I remember thinking when I was in the hardest of it that it was the most miserable birth ever.
cheezpoofs likes this.

February 15th, 2013, 10:10 AM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! It's a good thing you were at the hospital since you progressed that fast! You might have had a home birth! Congratulations!

BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

February 15th, 2013, 12:42 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Holy moly! Just goes to show you anything can happen in labor. Congrats!

February 15th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Can't believe she came that fast! I could only wish and hope my delivery is that quick! Probably wont happen for me though.

PS- I LOVE the name Charlotte Caroline, so sophisticated and pretty!
February 18th, 2013, 11:08 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you had such a good birth experience! That IS some fast progressing! Congratulations on your new little lady!

February 18th, 2013, 11:42 AM
ProjectMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gosh you did progress very quickly! Congrats!
February 19th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Hokie Nicole's Avatar Super Mommy
I can't believe how fast you progressed - way to go mama!

And congrats

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search